Forums

BULLET TAKES MORE SKILL THAN OTB CHESS

Sort:
kco

better say hello to 'johnny'.

CoyoteLoco

Bullet is all tactics no strategy. It's an admirable and usefull  skill to quickly discern great tactical shots. But there's more to standard and OTB chess.  To reach a certain level in standard and OTB you must have a sense of strategy because your opponents can analyze your (as well as their own) tactical possibilities of a position given sufficient time. That's where the advantage of a quick grasp of tactical shots is neutralized. It's a different game and a great and usefull skill for all levels of play but not the deciding  factor in "regular" chess.

jambyvedar

Bullet chess is not chess- Nakamura (from his book).

rivermonster60

SOOO FAST MOUSE IS SKILLFUL?

snip3z
[COMMENT DELETED]
bronsteinitz

You have bullet and bullet. There was this great documentary in which carlsen plays the second best in his country. Carlsen 1 minute. The other guy 3. Carlsen wins all the games with superior play. It is possible to be both great and fast, but that is a whole different ballgame...

waffllemaster
AnthonyCG wrote:

There's a bunch of these on Youtube:

MrRahimlakhani

Blitz shows talent, OTB shows preperation and understanding.., both r different, so no comparision is to be done:)

snip3z

Bullet is talent and preparation. Nuff said kiddos

RigasUT

Guys, snip3z is obviously a retard. Why waste time talking with him/her/it when we can discuss about bullet ourselves, without him/her/it?

GreenLeaf14
snip3z wrote:

Bullet is talent and preparation. Nuff said kiddos

u call people kiddos and ur quite young urself judging from ur profile,.....be serious

GreenLeaf14

U r not old enough to call others kiddos and not good enough to talk about bullet,since ur playing at a chess sight and not on a real board,try playing bullet with no premoves and autoqueening....

snip3z

I can't get over you guys, if you have over 2100 OTB rating then please go ahead and say I have no skill on a real board. And obviously Bullet does take more skill, since you guys aren't able to pass 1600 live chess on this site. 

GreenLeaf14

i dont say i'm good at bullet or at live chess in general,but i can surely say that the same thing is for u ,you arr not that good to judge other people's ratings (post 39 for example) next to a 2800 bullet player u r just an amateur so dont act like ur the best....

Fear_ItseIf

snip3z
GreenLeaf14 wrote:

i dont say i'm good at bullet or at live chess in general,but i can surely say that the same thing is for u ,you arr not that good to judge other people's ratings (post 39 for example) next to a 2800 bullet player u r just an amateur so dont act like ur the best....

never said I was good, and i'm not judging, i'm just stating an opinion.

mattyf9

Come on guys. How many of us were know it all punks with a chip on our shoulder when we were in our college years. Practically all of us. Skipz is clearly a talented player and it has clearly gone straight to his head. He'll grow out of it soon enough. Seems like a waste of time to point out what an ahole he's being. It'll pass.

zborg

Bullet Junkies Rule!  At least in this idiot thread.

Hey @Snippy, you've played less than 100 bullet games in (more than) a year.

Do really expect anyone on this site to believe you (or your lame thread) are LEGIT ?

Oops.  Nevermind.  Laughing

VanillaKnightPOC

Meh, reading through this was...fun.

Taljechin

When you can play bullet well, you can play slow also. Not the other way around.