Forums

How to survive by black

Sort:
Al-Khalifa93

Hello friends and welcome 

sometimes it's really hard to find the best move ( the best move doesn't always mean to force things sometimes it means like doing quiet moves to see what's your opponent gonna make and then you can make your move in order of his and building your plan slowly don't rush ) and remember the good player is the one who play quietly, improving his position slowly with a good plan..

if you are not familiar of how to create a plan just look for your opponent's moves and find out what he is leaving behind and try to find his weaknesses and making good outposts for your minor pieces by filling the squares that he is leaving behind..

this is not my topic

my real topic is : I have noticed and maybe most of you noticed that playing as black is slightly difficult because of cramped positions in many lines the best solution to solve this problem is by exchange sacrifice, by sacrificing your rook for a good minor piece or noisy one, but it should not be in the air, use the exchange sarifice when you have cramped position but before doing it ask yourself

1-does it makes me survive much longer ?

2-does it gives me some counter play and some good attacking possibilities ?

if you are sure & you answerd these question with "YES"

then you are ready to go but to make sure do this last step

3-you have to imagine the position few moves ahead after sacrifice 

if it looks good 

then go ahead Smile

here am gonna show you few examples of my own games :

sacrificing the rook wasn't in the air my knight got a very good outpost there and will never be kicked off because 
my opponent has light square bishop, so it was a good sac not bad at all 

also notice that I have dark square bishop which can be helpful supporter for my knight and dominating the center
and I will be able to have fully control on the dark squares 

check the position once again Wink

position 2# 

Queens indian defense

I made here 2 rooks sacrifice but in the end I lost but you can see here how black survived against white brutal attack

in the second exchange sac. white got very big material but poor position so he managed to give some material back to hold the position 

Hope you guys got something new please leave your comment, rate this topic and give us your opinion..

&

if you are interested you can add/follow me on facebook 

thanks in advance..Cool

dillydream

Thanks.  Helpful articles like this are always appreciated by beginners.

Al-Khalifa93
dillydream wrote:

Thanks.  Helpful articles like this are always appreciated by beginners.

thank you frind, hope you got something new..

Al-Khalifa93
another example for you guys 

Al-Khalifa93

here after sacking the rook for the knight on b5 really helped me to hold on the position

sanju1996

well to be honest, I Never find it difficult to play black! There has been many defense i love to play as black which gives black counter attacking chances! namely KID, Gruenfeld and also nimzo indian!

Al-Khalifa93
sanju1996 wrote:

well to be honest, I Never find it difficult to play black! There has been many defense i love to play as black which gives black counter attacking chances! namely KID, Gruenfeld and also nimzo indian!

thank you for reply, well it depends on your opponent's style of play and his rating, try play with 2100+ you will find it difficult to play with such cramped positions that black usually has, also you could play with a computer ( hardest level ) it's really difficult to win, I have been playing the chessmaster program for 7 years with no good results but when I followed those steps I really improved, he is not always winning like before, you can check my games against this computer program in my last topics... wish you all the best & thank you once again..

TheGreatOogieBoogie

In the second one I don't like the backward b-pawn and hole on b6.  The isolated d-pawn is sometimes a feature of these openings.  I'm more used to c5 or d5 strikes in this system though, not knocking on ...a5 systems I swear!

Ng5 using a mating threat to give you weak squares around the king.  Don't worry I flopped with Queen's Indians before too. 

Al-Khalifa93

that's why I played 10...Nxd5 to trade off the knights and then the b6 hole would be far away from his other knight and his light square bishop is fianchato so it's not that big problem after trading his queen's knight..thank you