Forums

rateing points

Sort:
atilladapawn007

A lot of you guys turn down games with players because u look at their rateing and if you c a low number you wont play.I'll play anyone,screw your points.low score doesn't mean you are a poor player,high score doesn't mean u r a good player.dont focus so much on the rating. U never know who u r up against

GeordiLaForge

whirlwind2011

atilladapawn007, I'm sorry you're having trouble getting a game of chess around here. I hope you have better luck getting sporting opponents in the future. Don't worry: not everyone views rating points as things to be horded, as if they were money. Smile

atilladapawn007
Paul u make valid points and I agree with you.I suppose the point I was trying to make is the points are only a indicator and it should not be taken so seriously. My points have gone as high as the 1400s and back down to the 1200s.I've beat guys in the 1500s and lost to guys ranked lower.Would you agree that some players Who have high ratings will only play guys with low points,assuming they are ez pickings(I love teaching guys like that a lesson)
atilladapawn007
Dude r u a jet pilot ( or is that a picture u r justt using ),that's effin awesome,flying a jet has to be a helluva rush.sorry I got sidetracked (lol).I get my share of games, its just I think ppl focus to much on the rating . Fuckin awesome, a jet fighter pilot (stay safe and give um hell,God Bless )
atilladapawn007
Star trek r u serious
GeordiLaForge

atilladapawn007
GeordiLaForge wrote: Lol
whirlwind2011

@OP: Though I staunchly protect my privacy anywhere I go on the Internet, I will divulge that I am not a military pilot... although I'm honored to have been fleetingly thought of as one. Smile My avatar comes from a video game I like to play.

knightour6059

I got to say that it isn't that the rating doesn't reflect a person's actual level of play, unless they haven't played many games. I wouldn't think it shouldn't matter who you refuse to play after enough games the score should be statistically accurate. Am I right, or am I right?

(PS. I only like playing people who can speake teh engliash) I know I know, I can't help it though.

x-3833057181
I prefer playing people better than myself, but ill play people 200 points weaker... id rather play people rated 1300 or higher, but you take what you get.
atilladapawn007
I hear what you guys are saying and I have to agree, I myself would rather play guys who are rated higher than myself.I play guys 1400-1600,I think if I had a official USCF rateing I'd be in that group(maybe ).what got me on this thing was I noticed a few of the higher rated guys seem to not play as well as their rateing reflected, make me think maybe they were only playing guyswith low numbers thinking it would be a cake walk.
atilladapawn007
I hear what you guys are saying and I have to agree, I myself would rather play guys who are rated higher than myself.I play guys 1400-1600,I think if I had a official USCF rating I'd be in that group (maybe ).guys. all I know is im not taking anyone for granted and im nnot gonna fold just because your numbers are way higher than mine. On the chess board im all in all the time.
rockpeter
[COMMENT DELETED]