Forums

Stuff Non-Chess Players Say

Sort:
condude2

I haven't taken the photos off my camera yet. While I'm doing that, I'll post one of the best combinations I've ever played, which I did in round 2. I'm super proud of it:

akafett

^ Nicely played.

akafett

Wow, now I get bumped at a most odd time.

but

I'm back...lel

dragonair234

condude, your black bishop was quite the star in that game, after you planted it so white couldn't castle. I'm impressed by the amount of study you did with your commentary in that game! Smile

By any chance, at the tourney I noticed some people chose to analyze their game together in another room after a match. Did you analyze any game with an opponent? Like this one that's worth discussing? Just out of curiosity. 

dragonair234
akafett wrote:

Wow, now I get bumped at a most odd time.

Lol yeah tell me about it (;

dragonair234
but wrote:

I'm back...lel

Welcome back dragon friend :)

but
dragonair234 wrote:

condude, your black bishop was quite the star in that game, after you planted it so white couldn't castle. I'm impressed by the amount of study you did with your commentary in that game! 

By any chance, at the tourney I noticed some people chose to analyze their game together in another room after a match. Did you analyze any game with an opponent? Like this one that's worth discussing? Just out of curiosity. 

I do that occasionaly.  Not too often though.  and I would need to find the analyzis notes if I want to talk about it...and too lazy to.

dragonair234

Right, good point, it's not necessary for every game... On the USCF notation sheet, they've got a box you can check mark if it's a particularly interesting game. I think this is a great idea:

Tongue Out

camberfoil

I'm going to be going on vacation soon to a hotel that happens to have a life-sized chess set.

condude2
dragonair234 wrote:

condude, your black bishop was quite the star in that game, after you planted it so white couldn't castle. I'm impressed by the amount of study you did with your commentary in that game! 

Yup, this one, and one other game. Both times using Stockfish and a board. It made me realize I actually suck. Wink We only got about halfway through this one before my opponent had to go.

dragonair234
camberfoil wrote:

I'm going to be going on vacation soon to a hotel that happens to have a life-sized chess set.

Take a pic and share it!!!!! ^-^ PS send me a postcard on your vacation, lol jk

dragonair234
condude2 wrote:

Yup, this one, and one other game. Both times using Stockfish and a board. It made me realize I actually suck.  We only got about halfway through this one before my opponent had to go.

Nice. Good to hear! But too bad your opponent had to leave. What could possibly be more important than chess at a chess event? >___< 

And, did you have any time to watch the grandmaster games up front where they were displayed? I found this to be the most fun, from my experience that is. (Especially Gata Kamsky... hot hot hot!) No but really, the thought they put into each move is incredible. 

camberfoil
dragonair234 wrote:
camberfoil wrote:

I'll be sure to take multiple pictures.

dragonair234
camberfoil wrote:
dragonair234 wrote:
camberfoil wrote:

I'll be sure to take multiple pictures.

Wooo hooooo!!! LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingCoolLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Kem_Nebu

You guys are funny

condude2
dragonair234 wrote:
condude2 wrote:

Yup, this one, and one other game. Both times using Stockfish and a board. It made me realize I actually suck.  We only got about halfway through this one before my opponent had to go.

Nice. Good to hear! But too bad your opponent had to leave. What could possibly be more important than chess at a chess event? >___< 

And, did you have any time to watch the grandmaster games up front where they were displayed? I found this to be the most fun, from my experience that is. (Especially Gata Kamsky... hot hot hot!) No but really, the thought they put into each move is incredible. 

I watched them whenever I could! Really instructive. I didn't understand about half the moves they made though. Frown

Conflagration_Planet

Frook.

but

meow

Conflagration_Planet

Frook for a rook fork.