Forums

washroom breaks

Sort:
TalibanJack

Is having a washroom break allowed during a live game on chess.com?

Mainline_Novelty

Who do you think is going to stop you?

TalibanJack
Mainline_Novelty wrote:

during a live game, the player will notice why I am taking a long time to move and report me for cheating

tfulk

I wouldn't suggest going for a washroom break during a 1/0 game.

Scottrf
chessplayer19987 wrote:
Mainline_Novelty wrote:

during a live game, the player will notice why I am taking a long time to move and report me for cheating

Unless you are cheating, that's not a problem.

clunney

Yeah, I find that when I get up and then come back and sit down, I tend to miss some one move tactic and lose instantly! (this is true OTB as well, which is why I try to stay seated at all times during tournaments!)

macer75
chessplayer19987 wrote:

Is having a washroom break allowed during a live game on chess.com?

Can't you finish doing your laundry first and then start playing on chess.com?

ChessinBlackandWhite
clunney wrote:

Yeah, I find that when I get up and then come back and sit down, I tend to miss some one move tactic and lose instantly! (this is true OTB as well, which is why I try to stay seated at all times during tournaments!)

interesting how some poeple are like that and some completly opposite. I spend a lot of time walking around during otb tournaments, more than probably everyone else at them. Helps me visualize and stay alert

Praxis_Streams

This post makes me happy

tonightatsix

You started some amusing threads. LOL!  Although... come to think of it, there have been times when things (like delivery, important phone calls and stuff) came up while I was playing online.  I usually resign when that happens.