Forums

Movie reviews

Sort:
BlackBishop40

The 1963 version of Cleopatra.  It got panned for its cost . . . for the whole Richard Burton/Elizabeth Taylor thing . . . but as one who's always been fascinated by ancient history, I loved this one for its unusual (for Hollywood) accuracy in its treatment of the history of Rome and Egypt in the first century BCE.

Mithras

is "The shawshank Redemption" too obvious as a recommendation (has anyone not seen this movie?)

KeViN246

the naked gun. best comedy ever made

trysts
Mithras wrote:

is "The shawshank Redemption" too obvious as a recommendation (has anyone not seen this movie?)

I've never watched it. Thanks!

trysts
BlackBishop40 wrote:

The 1963 version of Cleopatra.  It got panned for its cost . . . for the whole Richard Burton/Elizabeth Taylor thing . . . but as one who's always been fascinated by ancient history, I loved this one for its unusual (for Hollywood) accuracy in its treatment of the history of Rome and Egypt in the first century BCE.

If you thought that was good(I didn't), then you'll be amazed by HBO's "Rome"! Superb experienceSmile

KeViN246
trysts wrote:
Mithras wrote:

you have to watch it trysts. based on a stephen king novella, it takes place in the 50s. a maine banker is falsely convicted of the murder of his wife and her lover and is sentenced to life in prison. excellent movie

corrijean

On the subject of Stephen King movies, I also liked The Green Mile and The Mist.

KeViN246

dont forget stand by me corrijean

trysts
KeViN246 wrote:
trysts wrote:
Mithras wrote:

you have to watch it trysts. based on a stephen king novella, it takes place in the 50s. a maine banker is falsely convicted of the murder of his wife and her lover and is sentenced to life in prison. excellent movie

Thanks!

trysts
corrijean wrote:

On the subject of Stephen King movies, I also liked The Green Mile and The Mist.

Thanks!

winerkleiner

Saw Dangerous Game last night, don't waste your time on this one, I thought it's editing was a horror and Harvey Kietel's flubbed a few lines. His wife's acting was pause and wait for his lines, very bad. 

Although if you like Madona she does show her two talents.

And yes (Stephen) King is King.

trysts
winerkleiner wrote:

Saw Dangerous Game last night, don't waste your time on this one, I thought it's editing was a horror and Harvey Kietel's flubbed a few lines. His wife's acting was pause and wait for his lines, very bad. 

Although if you like Madona she does show her two talents.

And yes (Stephen) King is King.

Nice! Exactly what this thread was meant for! What did you watch, and is it worth a poop! ThanksSmile

KeViN246

stand by me, based on another novella by king, is a coming of age story about 4 young boys who trek into the maine wilderness to find the body of a boy hit by a train. heart warming tale of friendship. 

trysts
KeViN246 wrote:

the naked gun. best comedy ever made

Amusing.

trysts
KeViN246 wrote:

stand by me, based on another novella by king, is a coming of age story about 4 young boys who trek into the maine wilderness to find the body of a boy hit by a train. heart warming tale of friendship. 

Not badSmile

trysts

I'm about to watch "Gone with the Wind"! Somebody I know has a 40 inch TV, and the GWTW DVD! And I have pot! Joy!

http://armystrongstories.com/blog-assets/thomas-harper/images/pt.jpg

winerkleiner
KeViN246 wrote:

The boy was hit by a train, was that revealed in the film?  I am sure you're right I just can't seen to remember that part.

GhostNight

Trysts, you have to see that movie, "Shawshany Redemption", Its so real keep you on the edge of your seat

theoreticalboy
trysts wrote:

I'm about to watch "Gone with the Wind"! Somebody I know has a 40 inch TV, and the GWTW DVD! And I have pot! Joy!

Yay timeless Southern racism.

KeViN246
winerkleiner wrote:
KeViN246 wrote:

The boy was hit by a train, was that revealed in the film?  I am sure you're right I just can't seen to remember that part.

yep, well kind of, they just assumed he was cause he was found near train tracks. the train dodging scene was good, a lot of tension.

This forum topic has been locked