We Need Chess.com Greeters!

• erik
  • on 11/18/08, 3:08 PM.

We need more people to become Chess.com Greeters! We know that sometimes it is frustrating to have people come to the site, make 1 move, and then never come back, but for those people who stick around the Greeters are an important part of their first experience on Chess.com! (Read here => http://www.chess.com/forum/view/community/greeters )

To be a greeter all you need to do it go here and change your settings:

And then be willing to play an unrated game and answer questions about the site!

Thank you!!!

Erik
Chess.com

3 votes
more Misc

Comments

Komrad0

This Greeter thing still working?

-MICKEY-

I'm a greeter, but what now? Do I go searching for people to greet?

domi_m

i am a greeter:)

-MICKEY-

I didn't even know this was an option. I was greeting members for a breif time by leaving notes.

I need to look around this group some more but I start greeting when the semester is over.

shane97

i had it to allow 25 games but then it got kind of annoying......everytime i got on i would have to move or new games have started....so now i set it to 10 .....its fun being a greeter :)

shane97

I am

ni178

can you play more than 25 greeter games?

raphs

i was but found it frustrating

ni178

it is kinda fun being a chess greeter

Wibee

Just became a greeter, and I'm now playing in my first greeter game :)

caro-kann

i'm now a greeter and i really hope that i have been welcoming enough for my new newbie friend to continue visiting and enjoying the games in the site.

SmileSmileSmile

alexandrumag

I became a greeter after reading this message, about 12 games have been started since then, but none of them went past move 3...

Joetheevilchesplayer

just thought I'd say I'm a new greeter:D I got school under control again so I shouldn't have a problam with running out of time anymore.

Reprise

i was a greeter, but as soon as i logged on 10 million games are assigned to me and thats kinda annoying.

but i decided to be a greeter again for some reason...dont ask me y...

iwi20

i needed to get better at turn-based games, so i decided to become a greeter.

it really helps even though their unrated, im playing much better now.

Awick17

And Dekker, max 25 games means 25 at a time.  113 is probably total.  Im at max 25 but have 89 completed now.

And for the ones that cant find the button, here's a link:

or go my home-account- online chess settings- scroll down- check greeter box

Awick17

I read this article a few weeks back, so I volunteered.  I set my max at 25 games, which quickly filled up.  However, 2 weeks later, Ive played about 50 welcome games, and maybe 5 at most are still playing 5 or more moves in.  I think we need a better opening message in the chat box for new players.

In addition, I've gotten about 10/50 players (with varying ranges of politeness, I might add)  etiher wondering why im not online or telling me to move.  I think we should also make it more clear for them to play live chess instead and the corr. chess can take weeks, even years.

Ranodm comment:  I dont know if we just want to have the max # of players on our site, but tons of accounts have never been used.  Deleting them would give a more accurate account of chess. com.

-Wicksta85 :)

bmaster153

I been a greeter but some guy resighed because it was taking long.i guess he did not read what was in the message box by chess.com staff

Dekker

i was, but i said that 25 was the max and i get 113....

so, now i´m not anymore Yell

oxydizer

Same question here, I don't see anything related to "Greeter" in my settings.