2017 PRO Chess League - Alex King's Picks for Week 3!
National Master Alex King reporting for duty with my picks for week 3 of the PRO Chess League!
For the first two weeks I have languished in second place in the punditry race, behind the estimable Tarjei Svensen (aka SEVEREST NINJA). Here are the results from last week:
Check out this week's picks and tune in on Wednesday to see if I manage to catch up!
1) Atlanta 4.5-11.5 Montclair - and even this may be too generous to the Kings.
2) Buenos Aires 7-9 Montreal - the less balanced team will prevail.
3) Carolina 1-15 New Jersey - another conservative estimate.
4) Columbus 1-15 Toronto - a lot of mismatches this week.
5) Miami 9-7 Patagonia - ¡Ojalá!
6) Philadelphia 9-7 New York - the Big Apple has faced a tough schedule so far.
7) Dallas 9-7 Seattle - I would not bet against Ruifeng.
8) Minnesota 4-12 St. Louis - still pulling for my team to take the division.
9) Portland 4-12 San Diego - I wonder why Tatev didn't sign as a free agent for the Penguins?
10) Rio Grande 7-9 San Jose - I'd be Shakhtin' a Fool to underestimate SJ.
11) San Francisco 7-9 Webster - I think this will be close, despite WW outrating on every board.
12) Las Vegas 11-5 Pittsburgh - looking forward to seeing some fireworks from Shabba though.
13) Abuja 6-10 Reykjavik - ADEMOLA SORUNGBE = MEASURED BOLOGNA
14) Amsterdam 6.5-9.5 Marseilles - like father, like son.
15) Apeldoorn 6-10 Hamburg - Hamburg's Board 4 is higher rated than Apeldoorn's Board 1.
16) Cannes 8-8 Dublin - I can't help indulging in my weekly draw prediction.
17) London Towers 15-1 Lagos - which would be the highest match score in the League so far.
18) Stockholm 9-7 London Lions - like husband, like wife?
19) Belgrade 10-6 Johannesburg - my eye is on the sparrow.
20) Budapest 7.5-8.5 Norway - with SIMEN AGDESTEIN reaching the SEAMIEST ENDING.
21) Delhi 14-2 Amaravati - another Board 4 outrating the opposing Board 1.
22) Gorky 7-9 Riga - of course, I have to back my division pick.
23) Ljubljana 8.5-7.5 Odisha - and mine will be the closest prediction among the pundits.
24) Mumbai 10-6 Shymkent - the Movers had an impressive win last week too.
See you on Wednesday!
Read more PRO Chess League blogs: