Registration for Prodigy Program Winter Camp with Anand is Open!
15th World Champion GM Viswanathan Anand is teaching in the Prodigy Program 2017 Winter Camp! GM Anand has been a guest instructor at Chess University on several occasions in the past, and his live lessons and Q&A sessions have always been well received, so we are very happy to have him back!
The Prodigy Program is the world's first and only fully structured online chess learning program that helped create the youngest-ever chess master in American history. Now for the first time, we are offering three months of the Prodigy Program, October-December 2017, combined into one package. This is the Prodigy Program 2017 Winter Camp, including over 22 hours of live instruction, over 18 hours of extra video instruction, detailed study guides, personalized game analysis, and much more (details below).
Registration for the Prodigy Program 2017 Winter Camp is now open for our 900+, 1200+, 1500+, and 1750+ Elo sections. Priority registration is open until 10:00 AM Pacific Time (PDT) on Saturday, October 28th, 2017 and Anand's lesson is scheduled for Sunday, October 29th at 10:00 AM Pacific Time.
European students, please note that unlike Europe, the US still has Daylight Savings Time until November 4th. Sign up for Chess University's flagship chess learning program today! Read on for details.
Chess University's Prodigy Program
Start Your Journey Towards Mastery Today!
What is the Prodigy Program?
- The world's foremost live, structured online chess learning program that has helped over 20,000 students improve at chess.
- The only online chess course where students can learn from the best coaches, interact with legendary world champions, and get their own games analyzed by coaches.
- A curriculum designed for adults and children wanting to work their way towards mastery.
- The course that helped create the youngest-ever chess master in American history!
By offering the highest quality of live lessons, detailed study guides, homework, personalized game analysis, and unlimited guidance from our world-class team of coaches, we provide ambitious chess players a clear path to chess improvement and mastery.
The Prodigy Program is for chess players of all ages. Join the Prodigy Program if you are seeking a structured way to learn chess from the world's foremost chess instructors.
Meet The Team:
- The Prodigy Program 2017 Winter Camp is taught by Kairav Joshi, Chess.com's officially #1-selling coach and President of Chess University, along with FM Dalton Perrine, FM Arne Jochens, IM Lawrence Trent, IM Kostya Kavutskiy, GM Alex Yermolinsky, and our esteemed guest instructor GM Vishy Anand.
- Our instructors are assisted by Marek Simon, Paul Bevans, and Ryan Murphy.
Prodigy Program 2017 Winter Camp Information:
- These months of the program offer over 22 hours of live lessons (that get recorded so students can review), over 18 hours of additional recorded lectures, six detailed study guides, class homework, review materials, online correspondence tournaments, and full email support for students.
- Students may submit two games for personalized emailed analysis by our instructors. That's right! We analyze two games for each student and offer personalized tips and advice.
- The tuition for the Prodigy Program 2017 Winter Camp (October-December) is discounted to $349 if enrolled by end of October.
- We offer four rating sections: 900+, 1200+, 1500+, and 1750+ Elo.
- Anand's special lecture is scheduled for October 29th, 2017 at 10:00 AM PDT, and all the regular Prodigy Program instruction will begin already on October 28th, 2017 at 10:00 AM PDT.
Most live lessons are taught somewhere between 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM Pacific Time. Visit https://chessuniversity.com/live-classes-list/ and click on an individual live course to find each section's full schedule.
Key Areas of Study in the Prodigy Program 2017 Winter Camp:
- How to play openings more intelligently and accurately.
- Properly evaluating opening plans and ideas.
- Understanding basics of initiative and how to take advantage of dynamic opportunities.
- Simple attacking plans vs. a crippled castled king position everybody must know.
- Noticing and punishing typical middlegame mistakes.
- Understanding how to evaluate material sacrifices.
- Improving at decision making and calculation speed.
- Fun tactical endgame patterns everybody must know.
- Basic pawn vs. piece endgames.
- When or when not to simplify into an endgame.
- Important strategic patterns you must know.
- Basics of prophylaxis and safe play.
- Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman
- Evaluating opening moves and planning in the opening and early middlegame.
- Overview of must-know opening theory for White in 1.e4.
- Typical mistakes made by 1200-1400 level players and how to overcome them.
- Putting imbalances in perspective. Which imbalances matter most when and why?
- When dynamic factors matter more vs. when static factors matter more.
- Keeping up with the initiative. How to improve your thought process in dynamically complicated positions.
- Identifying and exploiting dynamic opportunities.
- The most important dynamic plans you must know.
- Tricky endgames and pawn breaks.
- Mastering strategic patterns and positional maneuvers.
- Improving at logical and practical decision making.
- Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman and Amateur's Mind by Jeremy Silman
- Opening Repertoire for Black vs. English Opening, Reti Opening, and sidelines.
- Advanced calculation training.
- Advanced tactical crash course.
- Must-know pins, skewers, forks, double attacks, discovery tricks, x-rays, etc.
- Planning and executing clearance sacrifices.
- Trapping and deactivating opponent's pieces to acquire a dynamic advantage.
- Endgame tactics and advanced applications of zugzwang.
- Practice planning and launching mating attacks step-by-step.
- The classic bishop sacrifice and other sacrificial patterns.
- Evaluating exchange sacrifices against a castled king.
- Thoroughly understanding statics vs. dynamics and planning accordingly.
- How to dynamically play against the isolated queen's pawn.
- How to punish your opponent's overextended and overambitious play.
- Coordination of pieces in closed positions (in opening and endgame).
- Important minor piece endgames.
- Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman and How to Reassess Your Chess 4th Edition by Jeremy Silman. Art of Attack by Vladimir Vukovic is highly recommended.
- Typical plans and methods in classical openings you should know.
- Understanding hypermodern openings and how they should be played.
- Understanding opening subtleties move-by-move.
- Determining great moves in the opening to refute opponent's opening mistakes with crushing attacks.
- Expanding your opening repertoire, how to research and develop new opening theory.
- Understanding and properly interpreting engine evaluation of openings.
- Improving at planning mating attacks. Show no mercy!
- Understanding limits to calculation and making decisions when unable to calculate properly.
- Improving piece coordination in the middlegame and endgame.
- Understanding advanced bishop vs. knight endgames.
- Mastering opposite color bishop endgames.
- Understanding piece exchanges and winning chances in endgames.
- Comprehensive logic training: how to use the tools in your toolbox properly.
- Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman, How to Reassess Your Chess 4th Edition by Jeremy Silman, and 100 Endgames You Must Know by Jesus de la Villa. A diamond membership on Chess.com is recommended for repertoire work.
Note that while these textbooks are highly recommended, students are not required to get them.
Naming of our sections is based on over-the-board Elo ratings. Online correspondence ratings tend to be inflated compared to Elo, by up to a few hundred points at lower rating levels. Contact us if you're not sure which section to join.
Why Join Prodigy Program?:
- The Prodigy Program is the world's first and only comprehensive online chess course.
- The program is taught by best-selling, world-class coaches who time after time have proven their ability to help students greatly improve.
- With detailed study guides, homework assignments, puzzle/quiz videos, one-on-one emailed game analysis, and guidance all in addition to the live lessons, the value our program offers is unbeatable.
- Our students perform exceedingly well at tournaments
- Students get the unique opportunity to learn LIVE from five-time world champion Vishy Anand, who describes our program as: "a brilliant solution for chess players around the world."
- No long-term commitment needed but we give you long-term access to course materials pertaining to the course/section you take!
- This is the highest quality of chess instruction available in the world.
We enrolled Christopher in Chess University's Prodigy Program because we were looking for an organized and focused chess curriculum, which is pretty rare, but that's exactly what we got! Today, Christopher stands as the youngest-ever chess master in American history and we couldn't be more proud of him!
Father of NM Christopher Yoo
I really enjoyed having live lessons from the Prodigy Program coaches! The coaches helped me with my thought processes, like what I should be thinking about when looking at candidate moves. It was also fun to see what the other students in class were thinking about the positions during the lessons!
NM Christopher Yoo
Youngest-ever chess master in American history
Prodigy Program 2017 Winter Camp Registration:
- To sign up for the Prodigy Program 2017 Winter Camp, follow this link to Chess University's student portal. https://chessuniversity.com/
- Create a free account there if you don't already have one. Otherwise simply log in.
- Click on the course corresponding to the rating section you want to join here: https://chessuniversity.com/live-classes-list/
- Click on "Take This Course" and complete checkout.
- Email [email protected] if you have questions before signing up.
Sign up by 10:00 AM PDT on October 28th to be able to attend all lessons live. The discounted tuition rate will remain available until end of October.
So what are you waiting for? Start your journey towards mastery today. We hope to see you in the Prodigy Program very soon!
Check out this full-length Prodigy Program lesson from Chess University President Kairav Joshi on Evaluating Development of Queen Moves!