Augsut 2017 Prodigy Program with Karpov Detailed Announcement
12th World Champion GM Anatoly Karpov is teaching in the August 2017 month of the Prodigy Program - the program that helped create the youngest-ever chess master in American history! Registration for the August 2017 month of the Prodigy Program is now open for our 900+, 1200+, 1500+, and 1750+ Elo sections. This is Karpov’s first time teaching a live lesson online and we are very excited to have him join us. Priority registration is open until 8:00 AM Pacific Time (PDT) on Sunday, August 13th, 2017 and Karpov's lesson starts at 12:05 PM Pacific Time on August 13th. Sign up for Chess University's flagship chess learning program today! Read on for details.
Chess University's Prodigy Program
Start Your Journey Towards Mastery Today!
What is the Prodigy Program?
- The world's first and foremost live online chess learning program.
- The only online chess course where students can learn from the best coaches, interact with legendary champions, and get their own games analyzed by coaches.
- A curriculum designed for adults and children wanting to work their way towards mastery.
- The course that helped create the youngest-ever chess master in American history!
By offering the highest quality of live lessons, detailed study guides, homework, personalized game analysis, and unlimited guidance from our world-class team of coaches, we provide ambitious chess players a clear path to chess improvement and mastery.
The Prodigy Program is for chess players of all ages. Join the Prodigy Program if you are seeking a structured way to learn chess from the world's foremost chess instructors.
Meet The Team:
- The August 2017 Prodigy Program is taught by Kairav Joshi, Chess.com's officially #1-selling coach and President of Chess University, along with FM Dalton Perrine, FM Arne Jochens, IM Kostya Kavutskiy, IM Lawrence Trent, GM Alex Yermolinsky, and our esteemed guest instructor GM Anatoly Karpov.
- Our instructors are assisted by Marek Simon, Paul Bevans, and Ryan Murphy.
August 2017 Prodigy Program Information:
- This month's program offers over 6 hours of live lessons (that get recorded so students can review), few hours of prerecorded video lectures, a couple hours of bonus video lessons, three detailed study guides, class homework, online correspondence tournaments, and full email support for students.
- Students may submit two games for personalized emailed analysis by our instructors. That's right! We analyze two games for each student and offer personalized tips and advice.
- The tuition for the August 2017 Prodigy Program is discounted to just $99.
- We offer four rating sections: 900+, 1200+, 1500+, and 1750+ Elo.
- Karpov's special lecture is scheduled for August 13th, 2017 at 12:05 PM PDT and all the regular Prodigy Program instruction will begin on August 19th, 2017 at 10:00 AM PDT.
- Most live lessons are taught somewhere between 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM PDT (Pacific Time). Visit https://chessuniversity.com/live-classes-list/ and click on an individual live course to find each section's full schedule for August.
Key Areas of Study in August 2017:
- Improving focus and decision-making.
- Learning and applying important patterns.
- Using essential tactical patterns in your own games.
- Checklist of checkmates and preparing such checkmates.
- Understanding priorities on the chess board.
- Textbooks:Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman and Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess by Bobby Fischer
- Intermediate tactical crash course.
- Creation and exploitation of targets.
- Understanding structural weaknesses.
- Evaluating and responding to forcing threats against you.
- Improving at chess strategy.
- General training for all phases of the game.
- Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Courseby Jeremy Silman and Amateur's Mind by Jeremy Silman
- Opening repertoire for Black vs. 1.e4 (Sicilian).
- Positional and dynamic use of rooks.
- Improving at applying positional chess.
- Calculation training.
- Improving your understanding of targets.
- Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman and How to Reassess Your Chess 4th Edition by Jeremy Silman
- Advanced application of imbalances.
- Advanced attacking including attacking your opponent's space.
- Evaluating pawn center.
- Creation and evaluation of passed pawns.
- Advanced techniques for using passed pawns (especially to distract opponent).
- Improving thinking and decision-making.
- Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman, How to Reassess Your Chess 4th Edition by Jeremy Silman, and Art of Attack by Vladimir Vukovic.
Note that while these textbooks are highly recommended, students are not required to get them.
Naming of our sections is based on over-the-board Elo ratings. Online correspondence ratings tend to be inflated compared to Elo, by up to a few hundred points at lower rating levels. Contact us if you're not sure which section to join.
Why Join Prodigy Program?:
- The Prodigy Program is the world's first and only comprehensive online chess course.
- The program is taught by best-selling, world-class coaches who time after time have proven their ability to help students greatly improve.
- With detailed study guides, homework assignments, puzzle/quiz videos, one-on-one emailed game analysis, and guidance all in addition to the live lessons, the amount students learn each month exceeds what they would get out of 20+ private lessons.
- Our students perform exceedingly well at tournaments
- Students get the unique opportunity to learn LIVE from 12th World Champion Anatoly Karpov. We are very happy to have him join us and share his wisdom.
- No long-term commitment needed but we give you long-term access to course materials pertaining to the course/section you take!
- This is the highest quality of chess instruction available in the world.
We enrolled Christopher in Chess University's Prodigy Program because we were looking for an organized and focused chess curriculum, which is pretty rare, but that's exactly what we got! Today, Christopher stands as the youngest-ever chess master in American history and we couldn't be more proud of him!
Father of NM Christopher Yoo
I really enjoyed having live lessons from the Prodigy Program coaches! The coaches helped me with my thought processes, like what I should be thinking about when looking at candidate moves. It was also fun to see what the other students in class were thinking about the positions during the lessons!
NM Christopher Yoo
Youngest-ever chess master in American history
I developed an interest chess as an adult and was exploring alternatives for learning this fascinating game in an orderly and systematic way. I was willing to put in the time and effort, all I needed was a roadmap. I found that road map in The Chess University's Prodigy program. The quality of the instruction is outstanding, but more important to me has been the disciplined nature of the program that has given me an opening repertoire, improved my tactical skills and developed my confidence in the end game. My online rating has increased over 400 points in less than a year and I feel like the sky is the limit. Thank you Kairav and the entire Chess University staff. I recommend the program to anyone seriously committed to improving at chess.
August 2017 Registration:
- To sign up for the August 2017 Prodigy Program, follow this link to Chess University's student portal: https://chessuniversity.com/
- Create a free account there if you don't already have one otherwise simply log in.
- Click on the course corresponding to the rating section you want to join here: https://chessuniversity.com/live-classes-list/
- Click on "Take This Course" and complete checkout.
- If you want to sign up for Karpov’s live lesson only (without Prodigy Program), click on this link: https://donorbox.org/karpov-live-lesson
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org you have questions before signing up.
Priority registration ends at 8:00 AM PDT on August 13th. Otherwise, registration is open until August 18th but those who sign up late would miss the live lesson with Karpov on the 13th (though as lessons get recorded, this is OK).
So what are you waiting for? Start your journey towards mastery today. We hope to see you in the Prodigy Program very soon!
Free Sample: Watch Kairav Joshi's Evaluating Queen Moves (Queen's Gone Wild?) Lesson Below: