Enroll in May 2017 Prodigy Program with Vishy Anand!
Five-time World Champion GM Vishy Anand is back to teach in the May 2017 month of the Prodigy Program - the program that helped create the youngest-ever chess master in American history! Registration for the May 2017 month of the Prodigy Program is now open for our 900+, 1200+, 1500+, and 1750+ Elo sections. Priority registration is open until 2:00 AM Pacific Time (PDT) on Saturday, May 13th, 2017. Sign up for Chess University's flagship chess learning program today! Read on for details.
Chess University's Prodigy Program
Start Your Journey Towards Mastery Today!
What is the Prodigy Program?
- The world's foremost live online chess learning program.
- The only online chess course where students can learn from the best coaches, interact with legendary champions, and get their own games analyzed by coaches.
- A curriculum designed for adults and children wanting to work their way towards mastery.
- The course that helped create the youngest-ever chess master in American history!
By offering the highest quality of live lessons, detailed study guides, homework, personalized game analysis, and unlimited guidance from our world-class team of coaches, we provide ambitious chess players a clear path to chess improvement and mastery.
The Prodigy Program is for chess players of all ages. Join the Prodigy Program if you are seeking a structured way to learn chess from the world's foremost chess instructors.
Meet The Team:
- The May 2017 Prodigy Program is taught by Kairav Joshi, Chess.com's officially #1-selling coach and President of Chess University, along with FM Dalton Perrine, FM Arne Jochens, IM Nazi Paikidze, IM Kostya Kavutskiy, GM Alex Yermolinsky, and our esteemed guest instructor GM Vishy Anand.
- Our instructors are assisted by: Senior Teaching Assistant Marek Simon and Teaching Assistants Paul Bevans, Ryan Murphy, and FM Mari Joseph.
May 2017 Prodigy Program Information:
- This month's program offers over 12 hours of live lessons (that get recorded so students can review), couple hours of bonus video lessons, three detailed study guides, class homework, online correspondence tournaments, and full email support for students.
- Students may submit two games for personalized emailed analysis by our instructors. That's right! We analyze two games for each student and offer personalized tips and advice.
- The tuition for the May 2017 Prodigy Program is $150.
- We offer four rating sections: 900+, 1200+, 1500+, and 1750+ Elo.
- Program begins on May 13th, 2017 at 10:00 AM PDT and all the live lessons will be taught on the 13th, 14th, 20th, 21st, 27th, and 28th of May.
- Most live lessons are taught somewhere between 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM PST (Pacific Time). Visit ChessUniversity.com and click on an individual live course to find each section's full schedule for May.
Key Areas of Study in May 2017:
- Elementary opening theory for Black: Sicilian, Slav, and more.
- Tactical pattern recognition.
- Reducing blunders.
- Basic attacking and defending plans and ideas.
- Improving at understanding the purpose of different kinds of moves.
- Variety of training to improve chess skills.
- Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman and Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess by Bobby Fischer
- Simple opening repertoire for Black: Sicilian, Slav, and more.
- Tactical pattern recognition and improving tactical vision.
- Intermediate defensive theory.
- Geometric thinking.
- Various strategic and positional chess topics.
- The power of counterattacking.
- General training for all phases of the game.
- Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman and Amateur's Mind by Jeremy Silman
- Improving calculation and visualization.
- Starting opening repertoire for Black (Sicilian).
- Understanding and applying prophylaxis.
- Understanding what matters most in different types of positions.
- Learning to evaluate positions step-by-step.
- Various strategic and positional topics including piece placement, imbalances, compensation, and more.
- Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman and How to Reassess Your Chess 4th Edition by Jeremy Silman
- Advanced planning: making position more imbalanced as needed or changing direction of the game based on new circumstances that arise.
- Advanced evaluation by applying structural understanding.
- Advanced endgames (rook vs. two minor pieces, minor piece vs. multiple pawns, etc.) and related training.
- Understanding the Dragon and Scheveningen pawn structures.
- Calculation and thought-process training.
- Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman, How to Reassess Your Chess 4th Edition by Jeremy Silman, and Chess Structures - A Grandmaster Guide by Mauricio Flores Rios
Note that while these textbooks are highly recommended, students are not required to get them.
Naming of our sections is based on over-the-board Elo ratings. Online correspondence ratings tend to be inflated compared to Elo, by up to a few hundred points at lower rating levels. Message GeniusKJ on Chess.com for an evaluation if you are not sure which section to join.
Why Join Prodigy Program?:
- The Prodigy Program is the world's first and only comprehensive online chess course.
- The program is taught by best-selling, world-class coaches who time after time have proven their ability to help students greatly improve.
- With detailed study guides, homework assignments, puzzle/quiz videos, one-on-one emailed game analysis, and guidance all in addition to the live lessons, the amount students learn each month exceeds what they would get out of 20-30 private lessons with other coaches.
- Our students perform exceedingly well at tournaments
- Students get the unique opportunity to learn LIVE from five-time world champion Vishy Anand, who describes our program as: "a brilliant solution for chess players around the world."
- No long-term commitment needed but we give you long-term access to course materials pertaining to the course/section you take!
- This is the highest quality of chess instruction available in the world. Period.
We enrolled Christopher in Chess University's Prodigy Program because we were looking for an organized and focused chess curriculum, which is pretty rare, but that's exactly what we got! Today, Christopher stands as the youngest-ever chess master in American history and we couldn't be more proud of him!
Father of NM Christopher Yoo
I really enjoyed having live lessons from the Prodigy Program coaches! The coaches helped me with my thought processes, like what I should be thinking about when looking at candidate moves. It was also fun to see what the other students in class were thinking about the positions during the lessons!
NM Christopher Yoo
Youngest-ever chess master in American history
May 2017 Registration:
- To sign up for the May 2017 Prodigy Program, follow this link to Chess University's student portal. https://chessuniversity.com/
- Create a free account there if you don't already have one otherwise simply log in.
- Click on the course corresponding to the rating section you want to join here: https://chessuniversity.com/live-classes-list/
- Click on "Take This Course" and complete checkout.
- Email email@example.com if you have questions before signing up.
Priority registration ends at 2:00 AM PDT on Saturday, May 11th, 2017. Late registrations are accepted but students who sign up late may miss some live lessons (though as lessons get recorded, this is OK).
So what are you waiting for? Start your journey towards mastery today. We hope to see you in the Prodigy Program very soon!
Check out our 4-minute preview lesson from Magnus Carlsen's coach GM Peter Heine Nielsen who taught in the February 2017 Prodigy Program.