Join LAST Regular Prodigy Program Month - June 2017
Registration for the June 2017 month of the Prodigy Program is still open for our 900+, 1200+, 1500+, and 1750+ Elo sections. Renown coach and commentator IM Lawrence Trent will also teach in the Prodigy Program this month.
Join the program that helped create the youngest-ever master in American history to take your chess skills to the next level. This is the last time a live, original Prodigy Program month will be offered. Starting in July 2017, we will roll out Prodigy Program 2.0 which will have a format different from the original program.
Chess University's Prodigy Program
Start Your Journey Towards Mastery Today!
Chess University's Prodigy Program is the world's premier and most comprehensive online chess course designed to help adults work their way towards mastery and create chess prodigies out of youth players. One of our students, NM Christopher Yoo, became the youngest-ever chess master in American history!
By offering the highest quality of live lessons, detailed study guides, instructive homework, personalized game analysis, and unlimited guidance from our world-class team of coaches, we provide ambitious chess players a clear path to chess improvement and mastery.
The Prodigy Program is for chess players of all ages. Join the Prodigy Program if you are seeking a structured way to learn chess from the world's foremost chess instructors.
Meet The Team:
- The June 2017 Prodigy Program is taught by Kairav Joshi, Chess.com's officially #1-selling coach and President of Chess University, along with FM Dalton Perrine, FM Arne Jochens, IM Kostya Kavutskiy, IM Nazi Paikidze, IM Lawrence Trent, and GM Alex Yermolinsky.
- Teaching Assistants Marek, Paul, and Ryan will help analyze students' games for personalized feedback.
June 2017 Prodigy Program Information:
- This month's program offers over 12 hours of live lessons (that get recorded so students can review), couple hours of bonus video lessons (puzzle videos, playthrough videos, etc.) and three hours of extra pre-recorded video lessons, three detailed study guides, class homework, online correspondence tournaments, and full email support for students.
- Students may submit two games for personalized emailed analysis by our team. That's right! We analyze two games for each student and offer personalized tips and advice.
- The tuition for the June 2017 Prodigy Program is $149
- We offer four rating sections: 900+, 1200+, 1500+, and 1750+ Elo.
- Program begins on June 17th at 10:00 AM PDT and all the live lessons will be taught on the 17th, 18th, 24th, and 25th of June and on July 1st and 2nd.
- Most live lessons are taught somewhere between 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM PDT (Pacific Time). Visit ChessUniversity.com and click on an individual section to see that section's full schedule for June.
Key Areas of Study in June 2017:
- Converting different types of advantageous positions into wins.
- Understanding and exploiting back-rank weaknesses.
- Reducing blunders and correctly responding to risky play by the opponent.
- How to secure victory from a materially winning position.
- Reviewing which common mistakes most often lead to material loss.
- Understanding what to do with pawns: deciding when to push, trade, reinforce, etc.
- Introduction to basic positional play.
- Preventing opponent's plans and ideas.
- Calculating mating attacks against the opponent's king.
- Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman and Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess by Bobby Fischer
- Standard opening repertoire for Black vs. 1.c4 and 1.Nf3 using "Dragonish" openings.
- Introduction to imbalances and chess strategy.
- Understanding bishop vs. knight strategy at an intermediate level.
- Mastering certain tactical patterns and combinations.
- Applying positional advantages in different situations.
- Improving chess problem solving abilities to become better at stopping opponent's pawns from promoting or opponent's knights from reaching an outpost, etc.
- Understanding and evaluating king safety.
- General training for all phases of the game.
- Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman and Amateur's Mind by Jeremy Silman
- Evaluation based on positional imbalances.
- Very detailed coverage of bishops and knights (bishop vs. knight imbalance).
- Planning with the bishop pair advantage.
- Understanding how to use a knight pair in closed or semi-open positions.
- In-depth coverage of the isolated queen pawn (IQP) structure including pros and cons of the IQP, attacking with the IQP, and playing against the IQP.
- Calculation and thought-process training.
- Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman and How to Reassess Your Chess 4th Edition by Jeremy Silman
- Very advanced attacking topics such as planning attacks against a fianchettoed kingside and fianchettoed queenside castle.
- Understanding what preconditions are required when planning an attack and evaluating the chances for that attack to succeed.
- Advanced defending (attacks directly against our castled king or when our king is highly exposed).
- Correctly evaluating space and making proper decisions accordingly.
- Winning with endgame attacks and sacrifices.
- Calculation and thought-process training.
- Textbooks:Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman, How to Reassess Your Chess 4th Edition by Jeremy Silman, and Art of Attack by Vladimir Vukovic.
Naming of our sections is based on over-the-board Elo ratings. Online correspondence ratings tend to be inflated compared to Elo, by up to a few hundred points at lower rating levels. Email us at [email protected] if you are not sure which section to join.
Why Join Prodigy Program?:
- The Prodigy Program is the world's first and only comprehensive online chess course.
- The program is taught by best-selling, world-class coaches who time after time have proven their ability to help students greatly improve.
- With detailed study guides, homework assignments, puzzle/quiz videos, one-on-one emailed game analysis, and guidance all in addition to the live lessons, the amount students learn each month exceeds what they would get out of 20-30 private lessons with other coaches.
- Our students perform exceedingly well at tournaments and one even became the youngest-ever chess master in American history.
- Five-time world champion Vishy Anand, describes our program as: "a brilliant solution for chess players around the world."
- No long-term commitment needed but we give you long-term access to course materials pertaining to the course/section you take!
- This is the highest quality of chess instruction available in the world. Period.
We enrolled Christopher in Chess University's Prodigy Program because we were looking for an organized and focused chess curriculum, which is pretty rare, but that's exactly what we got! Today, Christopher stands as the youngest-ever chess master in American history and we couldn't be more proud of him!
Father of NM Christopher Yoo
I really enjoyed having live lessons from the Prodigy Program coaches! The coaches helped me with my thought processes, like what I should be thinking about when looking at candidate moves. It was also fun to see what the other students in class were thinking about the positions during the lessons!
NM Christopher Yoo
Youngest-ever chess master in American history
June 2017 Registration:
- To sign up for the June 2017 Prodigy Program, follow this link to Chess University's student portal. https://chessuniversity.com/
- Create a free account there if you don't already have one otherwise simply log in.
- Click on the course corresponding to the rating section you want to join here: https://chessuniversity.com/live-classes-list/
- Click on "Take This Course" and complete checkout.
- Email [email protected] if you have questions before signing up.
So what are you waiting for? Start your journey towards mastery today. We hope to see you in the Prodigy Program very soon!
Check out our free preview lesson from IM Lawrence Trent: