June 2016 Prodigy Program with Vishy Anand!
Registration for the June 2016 month of the Prodigy Program is open for our 900+, 1200+, 1500+, and 1750+ Elo sections. Registration is open until 7:00 PM PDT on June 9th, 2016. Five-time World Champion Vishy Anand will teach a one-hour lesson in the Prodigy Program on June 25th, 2016! U.S. Women's National Champion IM Nazi Paikidze has joined the program as an instructor. Don't miss this chance to learn chess from the best! Sign up today and start your journey towards mastery. Read on for details!
Master Chess at Any Age, Within 5 Years
As our most comprehensive and ambitious course, the Prodigy Program is designed to create chess prodigies out of youth players and take them, or any chess player at any age, to master-level within 5 years. By offering the highest quality of live lessons, study guides, homework, personalized game analysis, and unlimited guidance from our world-class team of coaches, we provide dedicated chess players a clear path to improvement and mastery. The Prodigy Program is for chess players of all ages. If you love chess and want to improve, look no further than the Prodigy Program.
- The June 2016 month of the Prodigy Program is taught by Kairav Joshi, FM Dalton Perrine, FM Arne Jochens, FM Kostya Kavutskiy, IM Nazi Paikidze, GM Alex Yermolinsky, GM Vishy Anand and more!
- This month's program offers more than 12 hours of live lessons (that get recorded so students can review), three detailed study guides, class homework, simuls with masters, online correspondence tournaments, and full email support for students.
- Students may submit two games for personalized emailed analysis by our instructors. That's right! We analyze two games for each student and offer personalized tips and advice.
- The tuition for June 2016 is $150.
- We offer four rating sections: 900+, 1200+, 1500+, and 1750+ Elo.
- Program begins on June 11th, 2016 at 10:00 AM PDT and all the live lessons will be taught on the 11th, 12th, 18th, 19th, 25th, and 26th of June.
- Most live lessons are taught somewhere between 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM PDT (Pacific Time). Registered students will receive the full schedule for June by the 8th.
Key Areas of Study in June 2016:
- Converting different types of advantageous positions into wins.
- Understanding and exploiting back-rank weaknesses.
- Reducing blunders and correctly responding to risky play by the opponent.
- How to secure victory from a materially winning position.
- Understanding what to do with pawns: deciding when to push, trade, reinforce, etc.
- Introduction to basic positional play.
- Preventing opponent's plans and ideas.
- Calculating mating attacks against the opponent's king.
- Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman and Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess by Bobby Fischer
- Standard opening repertoire for Black vs. 1.c4 and 1.Nf3 using "Dragonish" openings.
- Introduction to imbalances and chess strategy.
- Understanding bishop vs. knight strategy at an intermediate level.
- Mastering certain tactical patterns and combinations.
- Applying positional advantages in different situations.
- Improving chess problem solving abilities to become better at stopping opponent's pawns from promoting or opponent's knights from reaching an outpost, etc.
- General training for all phases of the game.
- Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman and Amateur's Mind by Jeremy Silman
- Evaluation based on positional imbalances.
- Very detailed coverage of bishops and knights (bishop vs. knight imbalance).
- Planning with the bishop pair advantage.
- Understanding how to use a knight pair in closed or semi-open positions.
- In-depth coverage of the isolated queen pawn (IQP) structure including pros and cons of the IQP, attacking with the IQP, and playing against the IQP.
- Calculation and thought-process training.
- Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman and How to Reassess Your Chess 4th Edition by Jeremy Silman
- Very advanced attacking topics such as planning attacks against a fianchettoed kingside and fianchettoed queenside castle.
- Understanding what preconditions are required when planning an attack and evaluating the chances for that attack to succeed.
- Advanced defending (attacks directly against our castled king or when our king is highly exposed).
- Correctly evaluating space and making proper decisions accordingly.
- Winning with endgame attacks and sacrifices.
- Calculation and thought-process training.
- Textbooks:Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman, How to Reassess Your Chess 4th Edition by Jeremy Silman, and Art of Attack by Vladimir Vukovic.
Naming of our sections is based on over-the-board Elo ratings. FIDE, USCF, and CFC, for example, use Elo for ratings or something similiar to Elo. Online ratings tend to be inflated, sometimes heavily at the lower rating levels. A 1500 correspondence rating on Chess.com may indicate an actual strength of near 1200 Elo. Keep this in mind when selecting a section. Message GeniusKJ on Chess.com for an evaluation if you are not sure which section to join.
Why Join Prodigy Program?:
- The Prodigy Program is the world's first and only comprehensive online chess learning program. It has been running successfully for over a year now.
- The program is taught by best-selling, world-class coaches and players who time after time have proven their ability to help take chess players to the next level.
- With detailed study guides, homework assignments, puzzle/quiz videos, one-on-one game analysis, and guidance all in addition to the live lessons, the amount students learn each month exceeds what they would get out of 20-30 private lessons with other coaches.
- Our rate of $150/month offers unbeatable value.
- Our students perform exceedingly well at tournaments. A few students have even won thousands or tens of thousands of dollars in prizes at tournaments like the Millionaire Chess Open.
- No long-term commitment is required. Try out the Prodigy Program for one month and start realizing your chess potential.
- The ability to interact with the world's elite chess players. You get to learn from the legendary Vishy Anand and ask him questions! This opportunity is priceless and worth more than the Prodigy Program tuition by itself.
- This is the highest quality of chess instruction available. Period. We actively invest back into the program each month to continue making it better. If you truly love chess and want to become a much better player, study in the Prodigy Program.
June 2016 Registration:
- To sign up for the June 2016 Prodigy Program, follow this link:
- Then select your section, click add to cart, and click on the cart icon on the top-right. Click on "Checkout" to send payment.
- After completing payment, you will be prompted to fill out a student information form. Fill this out if you are a new student. If you don't receive this form after completing payment, message GeniusKJ on Chess.com or send an email to email@example.com.
Registration for the June 2016 month of the Prodigy Program ends at 7:00 PM PDT on June 9th, 2016. This means, we must receive payment and your student information (via form) by then. We will accept late payments but late registrations won't be processed until a few days later.
Sign up for the Prodigy Program today and start your journey of becoming a chess master.
Contact Chess.com University President Kairav Joshi by sending a message on Chess.com to GeniusKJ or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with email@example.com CC'ed.