Learn From Vishy Anand in March 2017 Prodigy Program
Registration for the March 2017 month of the Prodigy Program is now open for our 900+, 1200+, 1500+, and 1750+ Elo sections. We are happy to announce that five-time world champion GM Vishy Anand will be teaching in our program this month! Priority registration is open until 2:00 AM Pacific Time (PST) on Saturday, March 11th, 2017. Sign up for Chess University's flagship chess learning program today! Read on for details.
Chess University's Prodigy Program
Start Your Journey Towards Mastery Today!
Chess University's Prodigy Program is the world's premier and most comprehensive online chess course designed to help adults work their way towards mastery and create chess prodigies out of youth players.
By offering the highest quality of live lessons, detailed study guides, instructive homework, personalized game analysis, and unlimited guidance from our world-class team of coaches, we provide ambitious chess players a clear path to chess improvement and mastery.
The Prodigy Program is for chess players of all ages. Join the Prodigy Program if you are seeking a structured way to learn chess from the world's foremost chess instructors.
Meet The Team:
- The March 2017 Prodigy Program is taught by Kairav Joshi, Chess.com's officially #1-selling coach and President of Chess University, along with FM Dalton Perrine, FM Arne Jochens, FM Elliott Liu, IM Kostya Kavutskiy, GM Alex Yermolinsky, and our esteemed guest instructor GM Vishy Anand. IM Nazi Paikidze, who has been regularly teaching in the Prodigy Program, will be away this month to prepare for the U.S. Chess Championship.
- Our instructors are assisted by: Senior Teaching Assistant Marek Simon and Teaching Assistants Paul Bevans and FM Mari Joseph.
March 2017 Prodigy Program Information:
- This month's program offers over 12 hours of live lessons (that get recorded so students can review), couple hours of bonus video lessons, three detailed study guides, class homework, online correspondence tournaments, and full email support for students.
- Students may submit two games for personalized emailed analysis by our instructors. That's right! We analyze two games for each student and offer personalized tips and advice.
- Students will be able take a comprehensive quiz at the end of the month to test their understanding of the material they learned.
- The tuition for the March 2017 Prodigy Program is $150.
- We offer four rating sections: 900+, 1200+, 1500+, and 1750+ Elo.
- Program begins on March 11th, 2017 at 10:00 AM PST and all the live lessons will be taught on the 11th, 12th, 18th, 19th, 25th, and 26th of March.
- Most live lessons are taught somewhere between 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM PST (Pacific Time). Visit ChessUniversity.com to find each section's full schedule for March.
- Note: For players rated above 1900 Elo, we have a Prodigy Training Course: https://chessuniversity.com/courses/1900-prodigy-training-course/
Key Areas of Study in March 2017:
- Elementary opening theory for White.
- How to punish the opponent's opening mistakes.
- Tricks and traps in the opening and early middlegame.
- Training tactics and calculation.
- Improving general thought process in the opening and middlegame.
- Endgame training.
- Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman and Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess by Bobby Fischer.
- Enhancing opening and early middlegame play.
- Maintaining an opening advantage by causing problems for the opponent.
- Opening theory for White with emphasis on 1.e4.
- Principles for the early middlegame.
- Understanding the strategic ideas of early middlegames.
- Lots of tactics, calculation, and thought process training.
- Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman and Amateur's Mind by Jeremy Silman.
- Improving calculation and visualization.
- Precise play in the opening and overcoming fear of unknown openings.
- Starting opening repertoire for White with 1.e4.
- Step-by-step planning in different early middlegame situations.
- Advanced opening strategy crash course.
- The pawn problem: trade, push, reinforce, or ignore?
- Training for all phases of the game including endgames.
- Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman and How to Reassess Your Chess 4th Edition by Jeremy Silman.
- Advanced planning.
- Understanding pawn structures: Najdorf, Maroczy Bind, Hedgehog, and more.
- Complex minor piece endgames
- Converting a pawn advantage in different types of endgames.
- Training for all phases of the game
- Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman, How to Reassess Your Chess 4th Edition by Jeremy Silman, and Chess Structures - A Grandmaster Guide by Mauricio Flores Rios
Naming of our sections is based on over-the-board Elo ratings. Online correspondence ratings tend to be inflated compared to Elo, by up to a few hundred points at lower rating levels. Message GeniusKJ on Chess.com for an evaluation if you are not sure which section to join.
Why Join Prodigy Program?:
- The Prodigy Program is the world's first and only comprehensive online chess course.
- The program is taught by best-selling, world-class coaches who time after time have proven their ability to help students greatly improve.
- With detailed study guides, homework assignments, puzzle/quiz videos, one-on-one emailed game analysis, and guidance all in addition to the live lessons, the amount students learn each month exceeds what they would get out of 20-30 private lessons with other coaches.
- Our students perform exceedingly well at tournaments
- Students get the unique opportunity to learn LIVE from five-time world champion Vishy Anand, who describes our program as: "a brilliant solution for chess players around the world."
- No long-term commitment needed but we give you long-term access to course materials pertaining to the course/section you take!
- This is the highest quality of chess instruction available in the world. Period.
March 2017 Registration:
- To sign up for the March 2017 Prodigy Program, follow this link to Chess University's student portal. https://chessuniversity.com/
- Create a free account there if you don't already have one otherwise simply log in.
- Click on the course corresponding to the rating section you want to join here: https://chessuniversity.com/live-classes-list/
- Click on "Take This Course" and complete checkout.
- Email email@example.com if you have questions before signing up.
Priority registration ends at 2:00 AM PST on Saturday, March 11th, 2017. Late registrations are accepted but students who sign up late may miss few of the live lessons (though as lessons get recorded, this is OK).
So what are you waiting for? Start your journey towards mastery today. We hope to see you in the Prodigy Program very soon!
Check out our 4-minute preview lesson from Magnus Carlsen's coach GM Peter Heine Nielsen who taught in the February 2017 Prodigy Program.