October 2016 Prodigy Program Registration Open!
Registration for the October 2016 month of the Prodigy Program is open for our 900+, 1200+, 1500+, and 1750+ Elo sections. Registration is open until 11:00 PM PDT on October 7th, 2016. Chess University's core team of world-class instructors will teach all the live lessons this month. Sign up today and start your journey towards mastery. Read on for details!
Master Chess at Any Age, Within 5 Years
As Chess University's most comprehensive and ambitious course, the Prodigy Program is designed to create chess prodigies out of youth players and take them, or any chess player at any age, to master-level within 5 years. By offering the highest quality of live lessons, study guides, homework, personalized game analysis, and unlimited guidance from our world-class team of coaches, we provide dedicated chess players a clear path to improvement and mastery. The Prodigy Program is for chess players of all ages. If you love chess and want to improve, look no further than the Prodigy Program.
- The October 2016 month of the Prodigy Program is taught by Kairav Joshi, FM Dalton Perrine, FM Arne Jochens, FM Elliott Liu, IM Nazi Paikidze, and GM Alex Yermolinsky.
- This month's program offers 12 hours of live lessons (that get recorded so students can review), three detailed study guides, class homework, simuls with masters, online correspondence tournaments, and full email support for students.
- Students may submit two games for personalized emailed analysis by our instructors. That's right! We analyze two games for each student and offer personalized tips and advice.
- NEW! Students will be able take a comprehensive quiz at the end of the month to test their understanding of the material they learned.
- The tuition for October 2016 is $150.
- We offer four rating sections: 900+, 1200+, 1500+, and 1750+ Elo.
- Program begins on October 8th, 2016 at 10:00 AM PDT and all the live lessons will be taught on the 8th, 9th, 10th, 15th, 16th, 22nd, and 23rd of October.
- Most live lessons are taught somewhere between 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM PDT (Pacific Time).
Key Areas of Study in October 2016:
- Understanding basics of initiative and how to use it.
- How to take advantage of dynamic opportunities.
- How to generate more piece activity to pose problems for our opponent.
- Improving at decision making and calculation speed.
- Fun tactical endgame patterns everybody must know.
- When or when not to simplify into an endgame.
- Training for all phases of the game.
- Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman.
- Putting imbalances in perspective. Which imbalances matter most when and why?
- When dynamic factors matter more vs. when static factors matter more.
- Keeping up with the initiative. How do we continue to build upon our attacking advantage?
- Improving thought process in dynamically complicated positions.
- The most important dynamic plans you must know.
- Identifying and exploiting dynamic opportunities created by your opponent's mistakes.
- Training to further improve your calculation and evaluation abilities in chess.
- Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman and Amateur's Mind by Jeremy Silman
- Thoroughly understanding statics vs. dynamics and planning accordingly.
- How to dynamically play against the isolated queen's pawn.
- How to punish your opponent's overextended and overambitious play.
- Advanced calculation training.
- Advanced tactical crash course: must-know endgame tactics and advanced applications of zugzwang.
- Advanced tactical crash course: trapping and deactivating opponent's pieces to acquire a dynamic advantage.
- Further improving your evaluation and decision making abilities.
- Training for all phases of the game.
- Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman and How to Reassess Your Chess 4th Edition by Jeremy Silman
- Improving piece coordination in the middlegame and endgame.
- How to damage our opponent's piece coordination.
- Determining great moves from likely good moves in the opening to refute opponent's opening mistakes.
- Improving at planning mating attacks. Show no mercy!
- Understanding advanced bishop vs. knight endgames.
- Mastering opposite color bishop endgames.
- Calculation, evaluation, and thought process training.
- Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman and 100 Endgames You Must Know 4th Edition by Jesus de la Villa.
Naming of our sections is based on over-the-board Elo ratings. Online correspondence ratings tend to be inflated compared to Elo, by up to a few hundred points at lower rating levels. Message GeniusKJ on Chess.com for an evaluation if you are not sure which section to join. Please note that the Prodigy Program is now in its second semester for the year and so the classes are more advanced even though section names haven't been updated. As an example, the 1200+ section is more of a 1350+ section and the 1500+ section is effectively a 1650+ section.
Why Join Prodigy Program?:
- The Prodigy Program is the world's first and only comprehensive online chess learning program. It has been running successfully for over a year now.
- The program is taught by best-selling, world-class coaches and players who time after time have proven their ability to help take chess players to the next level.
- With detailed study guides, homework assignments, puzzle/quiz videos, one-on-one game analysis, and guidance all in addition to the live lessons, the amount students learn each month exceeds what they would get out of 20-30 private lessons with other coaches.
- Our rate of $150/month offers unbeatable value.
- Our students perform exceedingly well at tournaments. A few students have even won thousands or tens of thousands of dollars in prizes at tournaments like the Millionaire Chess Open.
- No long-term commitment is required. Try out the Prodigy Program for one month and start realizing your chess potential.
- This is the highest quality of chess instruction available. Period. We actively invest back into the program each month to continue making it better. If you truly love chess and want to become a much better player, study in the Prodigy Program.
October 2016 Registration:
- To sign up for the October 2016 Prodigy Program, follow this link to Chess University's student portal. https://chessuniversity.com/
- Create a free account there.
- Click on the October 2016 course that corresponds to the rating section you wish to enroll in.
- Email email@example.com if you have questions before signing up for the October 2016 month of the Prodigy Program.
Registration for the October 2016 month of the Prodigy Program ends at 11:00 PM PDT on October 7th, 2016. We will accept late payments but late registrations won't be processed until a few days later.
Sign up for the Prodigy Program today and start your journey of becoming a chess master.
Contact Chess.com University President Kairav Joshi by sending a message on Chess.com to GeniusKJ or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with email@example.com CC'ed.