Sign Up For April 2017 Prodigy Program - $125 Promo Pricing
Registration for the April 2017 month of the Prodigy Program is now open for our 900+, 1200+, 1500+, and 1750+ Elo sections. Priority registration is open until 9:30 AM Pacific Time (PDT) on Saturday, April 15th, 2017. Sign up for Chess University's flagship chess learning program today! Read on for details.
Chess University's Prodigy Program
Start Your Journey Towards Mastery Today!
Chess University's Prodigy Program is the world's premier and most comprehensive online chess course designed to help adults work their way towards mastery and create chess prodigies out of youth players. One of our students, NM Christopher Yoo, became the youngest-ever chess master in American history!
By offering the highest quality of live lessons, detailed study guides, instructive homework, personalized game analysis, and unlimited guidance from our world-class team of coaches, we provide ambitious chess players a clear path to chess improvement and mastery.
The Prodigy Program is for chess players of all ages. Join the Prodigy Program if you are seeking a structured way to learn chess from the world's foremost chess instructors.
Meet The Team:
- The April 2017 Prodigy Program is taught by Kairav Joshi, Chess.com's officially #1-selling coach and President of Chess University, along with FM Dalton Perrine, FM Arne Jochens, IM Kostya Kavutskiy, IM Nazi Paikidze, and GM Alex Yermolinsky.
- Teaching Assistants Marek, Paul, and Ryan will help analyze students' games for personalized feedback.
April 2017 Prodigy Program Information:
- This month's program offers over 10 hours of live lessons (that get recorded so students can review), couple hours of bonus video lessons (puzzle videos, playthrough videos, etc.) and three hours of extra pre-recorded video lessons, three detailed study guides, class homework, online correspondence tournaments, and full email support for students.
- Students may submit two games for personalized emailed analysis by our team. That's right! We analyze two games for each student and offer personalized tips and advice.
- Students will be able take a comprehensive quiz at the end of the month to test their understanding of the material they learned.
- The tuition for the April 2017 Prodigy Program is $125.
- We offer four rating sections: 900+, 1200+, 1500+, and 1750+ Elo.
- Program begins on April 15th, 2017 at 10:00 AM PDT and all the live lessons will be taught on the 15th, 16th, 22nd, 23rd, 29th, and 30th of April.
- Most live lessons are taught somewhere between 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM PDT (Pacific Time). Visit ChessUniversity.com to find each section's full schedule for April.
Key Areas of Study in April 2017:
- Elementary Opening theory for White: Sicilian, Pirc, and more.
- Understanding ways in which opening moves and ideas can be back.
- Important of understanding specific details of positions.
- Tactical pattern recognition.
- Understanding consequences of moves such as space left behind.
- Reducing blunders.
- Improving general thought process.
- Training for all phases of the game.
Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman and Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess by Bobby Fischer.
- Finishing basic opening repertoire for White: Sicilian, Pirc, Alekhine, and more.
- Tactical pattern recognition at a intermediate level.
- Managing time wisely.
- Developing intuition.
- Understanding typical plans and maneuvers in closed positions.
- Improving dynamic play.
- Calculation and visualization training.
- General training for all phases of the game.
Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman and Amateur's Mind by Jeremy Silman.
- Improving calculation and visualization.
- Improving at general chess problem-solving
- Opening Repertoire for White vs. Caro-Kann, Scandinavian, French, Pirc, and Alekhine's Defense.
- Improving at planning in early middlegames.
- Understanding and properly evaluating opening initiative.
- Defending against premature sacrificial attacks in the opening.
- Understanding the impact of bishop for knight trades in the opening.
- How to handle central tension and early central attacks.
- Training for all phases of the game.
Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman and How to Reassess Your Chess 4th Edition by Jeremy Silman.
- Advanced planning.
- Understanding pawn structures: Benoni, King's Indian, and French.
- Imbalanced endgames such as queen vs. two bishops and other important knowledge to have.
- Improving calculation and thought-process.
- Training for all phases of the game
- Might start our coverage of advanced attacking towards the end if we have time otherwise will save that for May 2017.
- Textbooks: Silman's Complete Endgame Course by Jeremy Silman, How to Reassess Your Chess 4th Edition by Jeremy Silman, and Chess Structures - A Grandmaster Guide by Mauricio Flores Rios
Naming of our sections is based on over-the-board Elo ratings. Online correspondence ratings tend to be inflated compared to Elo, by up to a few hundred points at lower rating levels. Message GeniusKJ on Chess.com for an evaluation if you are not sure which section to join.
Why Join Prodigy Program?:
- The Prodigy Program is the world's first and only comprehensive online chess course.
- The program is taught by best-selling, world-class coaches who time after time have proven their ability to help students greatly improve.
- With detailed study guides, homework assignments, puzzle/quiz videos, one-on-one emailed game analysis, and guidance all in addition to the live lessons, the amount students learn each month exceeds what they would get out of 20-30 private lessons with other coaches.
- Our students perform exceedingly well at tournaments and one even became the youngest-ever chess master in American history.
- Five-time world champion Vishy Anand, describes our program as: "a brilliant solution for chess players around the world."
- No long-term commitment needed but we give you long-term access to course materials pertaining to the course/section you take!
- This is the highest quality of chess instruction available in the world. Period.
We enrolled Christopher in Chess University's Prodigy Program because we were looking for an organized and focused chess curriculum, which is pretty rare, but that's exactly what we got! Today, Christopher stands as the youngest-ever chess master in American history and we couldn't be more proud of him!
Father of NM Christopher Yoo
I really enjoyed having live lessons from the Prodigy Program coaches! The coaches helped me with my thought processes, like what I should be thinking about when looking at candidate moves. It was also fun to see what the other students in class were thinking about the positions during the lessons!
NM Christopher Yoo
Youngest-ever chess master in American history
April 2017 Registration:
- To sign up for the April 2017 Prodigy Program, follow this link to Chess University's student portal. https://chessuniversity.com/
- Create a free account there if you don't already have one otherwise simply log in.
- Click on the course corresponding to the rating section you want to join here: https://chessuniversity.com/live-classes-list/
- Click on "Take This Course" and complete checkout.
- Email [email protected] if you have questions before signing up.
Priority registration ends at 9:30 AM PDT on Saturday, April 15th, 2017. Late registrations are accepted but students who sign up late may miss few of the live lessons (though as lessons get recorded, this is OK).
So what are you waiting for? Start your journey towards mastery today. We hope to see you in the Prodigy Program very soon!
Check out our free preview lesson from IM Lawrence Trent who taught in the February 2017 Prodigy Program.