Chess.com Dev Update - March 24, 2017
This week was an exciting one for us with two big feature launches!
Live Club Matches - Check it out in our product launch blog post HERE!
We’re kicking this one off with a bang! Join us April 3rd at 1 PM PT as IM Danny Rensch hosts a Chess TV special pitting two of Chess.com's largest clubs against each other: Pro Chess League vs Chess TV! Pick a side and come prepared to compete!
Sub 1 Minute Games - Is bullet just too slow for you? Maybe 30 seconds a side is your style? 10 seconds… That’s just crazy! All you adrenaline junkies finally get to see just how fast you can move a mouse!
- From Live Chess, choose Custom Challenge
- Select “More” under the time control options
- Choose “Custom”
- Add a “0” for minutes and the “seconds” box will appear:
In addition to that we made a lot of progress with some smaller feature requests and bug fixes across all platforms. See below.
Chess.com Main Site
- We relaxed the time out requirement to create daily tournaments to 15%
- Want to easily access Chess.com's most popular videos? Well now you can sort by Most Views!
- Club Admins can now lock team matches even if minimum number of players is not met. No more canceling matches if don’t get enough members to join!
- Finding a great Bughouse partner is now easier than ever! You can add Bughouse partners from the user pop up menu.
- We fixed our Analysis board so it is once again syncing between students and observers.
- Analysis Boards have new colors for highlighting!
- You can now hide variants from the seek graph. Just visit your Live Chess settings.
- If you abort a game, you won’t be paired with the same player again.
We released v3.5.16 this week with several bug fixes including:
- Improvements to Live Chess stability
- Your Live Chess chat will no longer disappear when you rematch your opponent.
We’ve submitted v3.5.18 with even more bug fixes and stability improvements and should be available within a week.
Interested in helping test the next release before it hits the store? Join the iOS club for details!
We released v3.5.2 with misc bug fixes. We are working on a nice big update coming soon!
As always, if you have suggestions or bugs to report use the HELP icon in the navigation, or on mobile, Send Feedback in the Settings.
Thanks for your support!