While the opening and endgame are the easiest subjects to study, we all know it’s in the middlegame that most results are decided. However, with such a huge number of positional and tactical themes, middlegame training can be hard to come by.
This Saturday (3rd September) I am going to fix this in a free, 1 hour middlegame training session, featuring instructive ideas you can use in your own games.
In the interactive lesson, I will analyze some instructive games to show how masters fight for the initiative using every trick and technique at their disposal.
- How to force positional weaknesses and exploit them while avoiding making any concessions yourself.
- How masters find ways to constantly improve the quality of their pieces
- How to plan your attacks so they hit hard.
- How to find the balance with progressing your plan and preventing your opponent’s.
- Different techniques for winning key squares and diagonals/files.
This training will help you understand what’s going on in chess to a much deeper level and take away the mystery from many GM moves.
If you’re serious about getting better at chess but don’t have much time to spend on study, our weekly webinars will give you the best return for your time. Real insights, real improvement, every week. And they’re free!