Today I continue to write about my daily experiences in the 21 days to Supercharge your chess course.
You can read about the past days:
1. I want to study chess in an organized way. I hope 21 days of organized study of the course will build my habit to create and follow my study plans after the course finished.
The structure of the study of Day 6 was the following:
- Theoretical section:
Today I studied why so important to have a chess database which includes all our games.
We need to learn from every game we played, mostly from the longer time control games 15 minutes or longer games.
When we finish an over the board game, we need to record the moves to a database and we try to remember why we played each moves and where were the critical moments in the game.
If you play online, then you can download the games you played and can put them to a database.
We always need to find improvments for both players. It helps to objectively look for the positions.
How can we setup a database?
In today's game the white king was in the middle and black even sacrificed the queen to get the mating attack.
The young Bobby Fischer won against Donald Byrne.
I show you the full game with annotations:
I solved 6 nice tactics puzzles.
This exercise was hard for me:
This was pretty:
Today's endgame position was a rook versus rook and pawn endgame. It was very similar to yesterday's exercise.
Black to move and what is the result? Please write your solutions to the comments!
Conclusions of the Day 6 of the
1. I learnt the importance of creating a database of our games and trying to analyse every game where each players had at least 15 minutes.
2. In today's master game we learnt, the player who castled try to prevent the opponent from castling and try to attack it very agressively. Do not be shy to sacrifices pieces to keep the attack.
3. I solved puzzles about opening and closing files and diagonals
4. The rook endgame showed how important to have an active rook which able the attack the king and the pawn(s) If the passive rook gets activity then wins the game with the pawn.
I decided to follow how much time I use every day for the study and monitor the total time used too.
Today I used 60 minutes. The total time I used until today is 3 hours and 56 minutes. You can follow the daily training times in this --> document