Analysing My Own Games (09/08/2015)
I'm starting this ongoing section as an attempt to analyse my own games.
I'll aim to not use a computer, to record what I was thinking at the time, find improvements and reference games.
This is the hardest part of chess study for me, as it's difficult to aim for self reflection
Blitz: 5 min + 5 secs
A game riddled with many one move tactical mistakes (missing Qxc1 due to Bishop being pinned, and Be6+ forking King and Knight)
Example of rushing in the endgame, not remaining calm during play
Model Game of Opening
- Observe Jones g4 idea
- White's flexiblity of not castling
- The possibility of exchanging off White's own dark squared Bishop with pressure on the d4 pawn
- White's expansion on the Kingside pawn roller
- The entombing of Black's dark square bishop
- The vacating of the d4 square by thematic pawn advance (both for Knight and then Queen
- Execution of the Kingside pawn storm