Top 10 Questions in Live Chess, Answered
Jul 2, 2012, 1:05 PM 7
Top 10 Live chess help and support room questions:
- Q: how do I castle?
A: Move the king two squares. Rook moves automatically, if castling is legal.
- Q: I am getting Fair Play policy warnings, but I'm doing nothing wrong. The server keeps aborting my games. It's not my fault. What should I do?
A: Make sure you have a strong connection to Live Chess. Your connection indicator should be green. If you have a yellow or red connection indicator, you are probably not seeing new games quickly enough. If you do not make your first move within 20 seconds of the game start, the server aborts the game and it is counted against you for Fair Play.
- Q: How do I challenge a friend to a game?
- Q: My opponent isn't moving. What do I do?
A: Let his clock run out, and you will win. In the meantime, you can start another game.
- Q: My opponent has disconnected. What do I do?
A: He has two minutes, or the remaining time on his clock, to reconnect. If he doesn't reconnect, you will win.
- Q: how do I create a support ticket?
- Q: Member X is bugging me/abusing me. Can you please ban him?
A: If he's abusing you during your game, click "disable chat" text in upper right corner of chat window. If you never want to talk to the person again, you can block them by clicking their name and selecting "block member" from the popup window. If the abuse is extreme, cut and paste it and report abuse on a support ticket.
- Q: Member X is cheating. Can you please ban him?
A: Please do not make cheating accusations in public chatrooms. Report suspected cheating on a support ticket. The member's games will be checked and their account closed if they are found to be cheating.
- Q: What are "points" on my member page, and how do I get them?
- Q: My opponent's clock is behaving oddly. What's going on?
A: It's either lag or bonus time. Please read this. http://support.chess.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/91/13/why-did-the-clock-times-suddenly-change-the-clocks-seem-broken