Your Games Analyzed - First Edition
In conclusion, I don't believe black was ever better. We do learn several lessons:
- Trading your 'good' bishop in an otherwise solid position may not lose you the game, but it may leave you very passive.
- When you have a space disadvantage, your primary goal should always be to neutralize your opponent's advantage by either breaking up an advanced pawn chain or trading off your restricted pieces.
- The counterthrust on the queenside (meeting a5 with a4!) is thematic and should be remembered and oft calculated.
If you would like to have one of your games analyzed, please send me a PM including the PGN.
- The time control must have been 30 minutes or longer.
- You must not have won the game.
- You must include your own notes, including where you think you went wrong and why.