In memoriam Bobby Fischer- one of his beautiful games
Fischer was after his great victory over the "gentleman" Spasski very prominent in Germany and many young players - inclusive myself - came to chess. Here his famous game against Letelier ( Switzerland?). The comment is my presernt for you . Please enjoy it
1. d4 Nf6
2. c4 g6
3. Nc3 Bg7
4. e4 0-0 An invitation to go forward?
5. e5!? Letelier doesn`t hesitate ...
5. ... Ne8
6. f4 ...building up a "great" pawn center
6. ... d6
7. Be3 c5! And Fischer doesn`t hesitate ...
8. dxc5 Nc6
9. cxd6 exd6 ... to destroy it on cost of one pawn and the
offer of a second one
10. Se4 Letelier seems to get appetite. But he moves with
an already moved figure. He looses time...
10. ... Bf5 ... and Fischer gains time
11. Ng3? Suddenly black changes his mind. Perhaps he
thought: " This young plays so quickly and looks so
concentrated. Better I let him his pawn!" -
third move with the same piece
11. ... Be6
12. Nf3 Qc7
13. Qb1 dxe5 now the center is completely destroyed
14. f5 e4!! black has a big lead in development, so
he opens the game
15. fxe6 exf3
16. gxf3 f5!
17. f4 Nf6
18. Le2 Rfe8
19. Kf2 Rxe6 Now ist materially equal, but the lead in
development for black has remained
20. Rhd1 Rae8 black is ready ...
21. Bf3 Rxe3! for a decisive attack! Never hesitate, when all
preparation is done!
22. Rxe3 Rxe3
23. Kxe3 Qxf4!! After this beautiful queen sacrifice, white is lost.
if he accepts he will go mate by Bh6. So he
resigns! There is no hope any more.