Tournaments & Events
2012 North Carolina Open
Submitted by dblackw2
8/21/12, 8:22 AM.
Extremely low entry fee for a weekend tournament!
Start Date/Time: Aug 31, 2012 at 7:30pm
End Date/Time: Sep 2, 2012 at 5:00pm
The Embassy Suites Airport
204 Centreport Dr
Greensboro, North Carolina, 28213
The 2012 North Carolina Open
- $13,000 in cash prizes UNCONDITIONALLY GUARANTEED!
- Cash prizes go 10 places deep in each section!
- Open section is FIDE rated
- 80 USCF Grand Prix points
- Extremely low entry fee for a weekend tournament
- Play in conjunction with the US Masters
Labor Day weekend, Aug 31 - Sept 2 (3 day schedule) or Sept 1-2 (2 day schedule)
The Embassy Suites Airport, 204 Centreport Dr, Greensboro NC 27409.
Reservations: Refer to http://ncchess.org for alternate lodging.
5-round Swiss. Time control: 30 moves in 90 minutes d/5, then sudden death in 60 minutes d/5.
For the two-day option, round 1 will be Game/75 d/5.
- $65 if received by August 15
- $75 if received later or on-site
- Re-entry available for $40
$13,000 in 4 sections with all prizes unconditionally guaranteed!
- Open Section: $1000-500-350-250-150-125-125-100-100-100. Class Prizes U2200 $250-150-100.
- Under 2000 Section: $1000-500-350-250-150-125-125-100-100-100. Class Prizes U1850 $250-150-100.
- Under 1700 Section: U1700 $1000-500-350-250-150-125-125-100-100-100. Class Prizes U1550 $250-150-100.
- Under 1400 Section: U1400 $1000-500-350-250-150-125-100-100-100. Class Prizes U1200 $250-150-100.
3-Day registration ends at 7:00PM Friday, August 31
2-Day registration ends at 9:30AM Saturday, September 1
- Round 1: 7:30PM Friday (3-day schedule) or 10:00AM Saturday (2-day schedule)
- Round 2: 1:30PM Saturday
- Round 3: 7:30PM Saturday
- Round 4: 10:00AM Sunday *UPDATED*
- Round 5: 5:00PM Sunday *UPDATED*
A current USCF membership is required of all players.
NCCA membership ($5) is required for North Carolina residents age 18 and up, and may be paid at the tournament.
(Residents of other states OK)
One half-point bye available upon request for any round. Byes must be requested prior to the start of round 1. **Updated 8/16 to allow half-point byes in Round 5. If you have already registered and want to choose a round 5 bye, please notify Walter High at email@example.com as soon as possible!
USCF GRAND PRIX
This tournament will generate 80 USCF Grand Prix points.
SPECIAL SCHOLASTIC TOURNAMENT PRESENTED BY HIGH POINT UNIVERSITY
Saturday, September 1
4-round Swiss, Game/30 d/5, Rounds 10:30-12:00-2:00-3:30. In two sections, Open and Under 800. Trophies to top 10 in each section. USCF rated. Entry Fee: $20 in advance or $25 onsite. USCF membership required.
This tournament is sponsored by High Point University in conjunction with the North Carolina Chess Association.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Walter High (Vice-President, NCCA)
Phone: (919) 619-3541
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send to friend
Write a comment