Forums

chess.com can't stay out of politics

Sort:
LizardOil
Fyry_lyghtnyng wrote:
Daniel2340 wrote:

@Cool_Prakhar I disagree.  I'm encouraged by the vast majority of protests and protestors.  There is no place in 2020 for racism and people are finally speaking up.  Kudos to the many corporate leaders, including Erik, also speaking up.

I am encouraged by all of the wonderful people breaking into stores and senselessly destroying things. A peaceful protest is one thing, a riot is another. 

Every police department that has issued a statement about this has stated that looting and destruction of property was done by outsiders using the protests as cover. Legitimate protestors are also providing law enforcement copies of photos and videos of the bad actors.

ThrillerFan
joe_musashi wrote:
ThrillerFan wrote:
Cool_Prakhar wrote:
Exactly. The protests aren't good, but it's supposed to be for a good cause

Correction!  The protests are good.  The riots are not!  Peaceful protesting, which is what 99.99% of the daytime protesters and 99% of the evening protesters are doing, is a RIGHT!  It's called the first amendment of the Constitution!

The problem is the brutal cops.  All the BS going on in Minneapolis, Charlotte, Buffalo, Louisville, and Atlanta is all bleep that the cops are causing.

The rioters are the problem in Los Angeles.

The almost 74-year old THUG that demands gassing up protesters that are NOT past the curfew so that he can have a photo-op with the bible as a stupid prop that he never reads and holds backwards and upside down is the cause for the problems in Washington DC.

The cops need to take down and stand on the neck of all those turning 74 this month that have hired people to build fences around a political building!  I can only think of one that has done that!

How can you call the president a "THUG" when more than 50% of the country voted for him? Are you calling more than 50% of the country stupid?!?

You are uneducated if you really think more than 50% voted for him!

Actually, he lost the popular vote by over 3 million!  He was beaten by Hilary Clinton by OVER THREE MILLION VOTES!

The problem is, the Electoral College is rigged in favor of Republicans so that they will OFTEN win while losing the popular vote.  The problem is the 100 Senators that count toward the 538 Electoral Votes.  If it was just the house, you would have a fair election because the number of people in the house for each state is based on each state's population.

When you ADD (not multiply) a FIXED NUMBER (in this case, 2) to numbers that are based on a ratio, it benefits the small and devalues the big.

Think of it like money.  If everyone is holding on to money, and it's between $1 and $100, and someone gives everyone a fixed amount of $2, you tripled the money of the $1 holder and did virtually nothing to the person with $53.

That's how the states are.  If a State population of 1,000,000 gets 1 Representative, and a state with population of 53,000,000 gets 53 Representative, that is 1 per million people.  When you adjust that now to 3 for the State with 1 million and 55 for the state with 53 million, it boosts the side that wins the small states, not the big ones, and that's the Republicans.

So before you question how he could have lost the vote and yet won the election, that's how!  The way the Electoral College is rigged!  It should be one person, one vote, and the popular vote should decide just like any other political position, but it's not, and instead, it's rigged in favor of Republicans.

Lc0_1
Daniel2340 wrote:

@Cool_Prakhar I disagree.  I'm encouraged by the vast majority of protests and protestors.  There is no place in 2020 for racism and people are finally speaking up.  Kudos to the many corporate leaders, including Erik, also speaking up.

agreed.

An_asparagusic_acid
lfPatriotGames wrote:
SNUDOO wrote:
KoldC45E wrote:
SNUDOO wrote:
KoldC45E wrote:

N for the chinese, stop eating bats, ye make world suffering for Corona ! #BatLivesMatter

Ok, that’s not ok. I don’t like that

Whaat ?!! I cannot blame china for killing more than Hundred thousands peoples around the world, while because just a man was killed, there mass looting around the US

So if a dude just eats something and unwittingly spreads worldwide disease, it’s the country’s fault. Got it, that makes TOTAL SENSE. Please enlighten me on how China killed the world, thank you.

As most of the world knows by now, (or should know) by intentionally suppressing information. That's how. Also, the source of the virus is an allegation. It has yet to be proven beyond a doubt. 

It is well known that America’s death counts are vastly under reported. Trump rigged the tests to make sure that deaths from the American flu(covid19) are counted as deaths from the common flu.

An_asparagusic_acid
KoldC45E wrote:

So snuudoo, yer tryin to say the lame reason that they tried to stop panic PRC  known for their hobbies ->stealing everythin from elsewhere, from technology to virus sample. Well, Theft PRC will not be your concern, it seems dividing american more interest topic to ya

While no actual medicine for the corona, why picking wrong time for political confrontation in the states. What if corona stay longer than some of yo bein thinkin. N there will be no new normal. N Your world will become new abnormal ?

Actually, the Europeans stole a ton of Chinese inventions. E.g. gunpowder, the wheelbarrow, the compass, the rudder, etc.

Optimissed

Black lives matter isn't an organisation. It's a slogan. Having said that, how long is this going to run? The covid stats in the usa are going to make interesting reading.

Fyry_lyghtnyng

Hey guys, maybe we could actually play and discuss chess on this chess website. Or we could make chess.com a political site instead of a chess site. 

llama44
Cool_Prakhar wrote:
Exactly. The protests aren't good, but it's supposed to be for a good cause

The protests are largely non violent. The protests are good.

(Unlike some right wing protesters who wanted to end social distancing, protesting with automatic weapons / rifles)

llama44
lfPatriotGames wrote:
joe_musashi wrote:

I mean you can't stop what they want to do. =( but what are you going to do? Frisk all the protesters to make sure they aren't carrying a Molotov cocktail in their undies? I say we let the protesters do what they want to do(its a free country) and let the police arrest the looters

The only problem with your solution is that it makes sense. 

This is actually a good topic, too bad it will get locked. Chess.com probably shouldn't get involved in politics, it would be educational to explore why they feel the need to. 

Usually because trolls use topics like these to make provocative posts, and the forums aren't meant to be a flame war regardless of the topic.

chesschesskid
adrtt7yuhh wrote:

You know some people actually play chess here, It's shocking but true

WOW!

RonaldJosephCote

Thousands of Chess players are pouring into the forums to say.......                                                                           NO  POSTING angry.png                                                                                        

dfgh123
An_asparagusic_acid wrote:

Actually, the Europeans stole a ton of Chinese inventions. E.g. gunpowder, the wheelbarrow, the compass, the rudder, etc.

How horrible.

Account_Suspended
weimaraner wrote:

I just canceled my membership after seeing chess.com support of black lives matter.  THis was on Twictch.  It's a damn terrorist organization.

Is twitch a terrorist organization? Surely they feed into a widening wealth divide which destroys society. It's like an online Hollywood.

batgirl

Political discussion isn't permitted in the forums.

Former_mod_david

Chess.com also has a statement on the matter from CEO @erik at https://www.chess.com/blog/erik/black-lives-matter

This forum topic has been locked