Anyone see Chessbaron's sets?

theendgame3
MCH818 wrote:
theendgame3 wrote:
MCH818 wrote:

@theendgame3 Thank you for backing me up.

100% bro- we can say what we want about retailers good or bad. I knew nothing about boards and pieces or retailers until I joined this forum. This is the best forum in the world for chess equipment and that's a FACT. And a lot of guys have shared their amazing sets and have also shared when they got burnt too. 

The guys on here know their sets and these are the go to people for advice. I've asked a lot of my friends on here for advice on pieces and retailers, because you will get an honest opinion thru their experience of dealing with retailers and their knowledge of sets. 

You owe this guy NOTHING bro- and yeah so he should "look after you" if there was an issue with the set. Big WOW, he's want praise for rectifying a mistake? - thats "laughable".

If he thinks our forum is "laughable", he should move on if he has trouble digesting criticism.

Instead of throwing a major piss fit by calling collectors and customers on here "idiots". 🤮

 

 

I agree. This is a good place to find out info on chess stuff and generally people do express honest opinions. 

I agree it is not good for a retailer to call anyone names but give Carl a break. He is really a nice guy despite the recent posts. The chess industry is under a lot of stress and suppliers are just lashing out. It has been a really difficult 2020 and 2021 does not look any better. 

Thing is I'm not as nice as you m8 😜 ...anyway I've said my piece.

MCH818

@theendgame3 Understood. Thanks for backing me up though. 

DrChesspain
OFFICIALSTAUNTON wrote:
MCH818 wrote:

Man! Carl for someone who is about to retire, you are very mean. I don't know what happened to you to cause this. I don't appreciate being called an idiot. I am only answering the OPs question with a thread I read. Gee whiz no one has any decency these days. 

Out of almost everyone I along with a few others stood up for the suppliers and you're calling me an idiot! And correct me if I am wrong, after I stood up for the suppliers, you interjected and agreed with everyone who was talking poorly about how SC was not responsive. And you have the nerve to call me an idiot?

[edit] See post #70

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/chess-equipment/staunton-castle-unresponsive-beware?page=4

I think it’s really unfair to spread negativity based on a minority review 

you and others are spreading doubt on a company who have a proven track record stretching back some 20 years , you never once stop to think of the potential damage you and others are causing  , yes it’s called a review and the op posted their experience, however you went fishing to repost it ! 

as for Staunton castle , I stand by my assertion that communication should always be maintained albeit by email of messenger if indeed a telephone cannot be manned, but it’s vital to keep the customer informed about their order 

 

 

 

 

 

Maybe if you are this concerned about a competitor you should offer him advice or resources to help him get through this rough time.

Why should anyone think that you are participating in this discussion in good faith?

OFFICIALSTAUNTON
DrChesspain wrote:
OFFICIALSTAUNTON wrote:
MCH818 wrote:

Man! Carl for someone who is about to retire, you are very mean. I don't know what happened to you to cause this. I don't appreciate being called an idiot. I am only answering the OPs question with a thread I read. Gee whiz no one has any decency these days. 

Out of almost everyone I along with a few others stood up for the suppliers and you're calling me an idiot! And correct me if I am wrong, after I stood up for the suppliers, you interjected and agreed with everyone who was talking poorly about how SC was not responsive. And you have the nerve to call me an idiot?

[edit] See post #70

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/chess-equipment/staunton-castle-unresponsive-beware?page=4

I think it’s really unfair to spread negativity based on a minority review 

you and others are spreading doubt on a company who have a proven track record stretching back some 20 years , you never once stop to think of the potential damage you and others are causing  , yes it’s called a review and the op posted their experience, however you went fishing to repost it ! 

as for Staunton castle , I stand by my assertion that communication should always be maintained albeit by email of messenger if indeed a telephone cannot be manned, but it’s vital to keep the customer informed about their order 

 

 

 

 

 

Maybe if you are this concerned about a competitor you should offer him advice or resources to help him get through this rough time.

Why should anyone think that you are participating in this discussion in good faith?

Yep, I contacted both Mandeep ( SC) and Barry (CB) and advised them both about the negativity being spread on Trustpilot, oh I mean chess.com!  it seems one cannot voice their opinion or indeed pose to defend us, retailers, simply because we are the retailers and seemingly we do not have a voice? 

Eyechess

You guys are wrong about Carl.  He is a genuinely nice and good guy.

He is right that there is a lot of negativity towards retailers on here.  And these retailers have a very good record and history.

We have seen problems recently and the back logs are either severely limiting or even stopping communication.  However, we find these retailers doing the right thing as soon as possible.

We have seen individual complaints about product over the years.  Most recently of these is the one guy complaining about Chess Baron, one guy.

Every one needs to, “Keep Calm and Carry On.”

Carl is a good guy that is semi-retired from running a Chess equipment operation.  All he did was complain about the complainers.  He never called a specific person an idiot.  And there are a lot of people on here taking direct shots at the individual retailers, personally, because the communications are not yet smoothed out, due to the crush and back log.

KnightsForkCafe said it right when he said one problem does not show the retailer as being bad.

Brynmr
Eyechess wrote:

You guys are wrong about Carl.  He is a genuinely nice and good guy.

He is right that there is a lot of negativity towards retailers on here.  And these retailers have a very good record and history.

We have seen problems recently and the back logs are either severely limiting or even stopping communication.  However, we find these retailers doing the right thing as soon as possible.

We have seen individual complaints about product over the years.  Most recently of these is the one guy complaining about Chess Baron, one guy.

Every one needs to, “Keep Calm and Carry On.”

Carl is a good guy that is semi-retired from running a Chess equipment operation.  All he did was complain about the complainers.  He never called a specific person an idiot.  And there are a lot of people on here taking direct shots at the individual retailers, personally, because the communications are not yet smoothed out, due to the crush and back log.

KnightsForkCafe said it right when he said one problem does not show the retailer as being bad.

He called MCH818 an idiot.

Eyechess

No he did not.  He used the general term of idiots in a non-specific way.

Sheesh, you guys need to grow thicker skins.

Brynmr
Eyechess wrote:

No he did not.  He used the general term of idiots in a non-specific way.

Sheesh, you guys need to grow thicker skins.

I have no skin in the game so I hardly need a thicker one. Carl admitted he called MCH818 and idiot in post #12. I was correcting your error. That's all.

Eyechess

Actually, he never used the term idiot or idiots in #12.  In #14 he says he does not recall calling any one person an idiot.

But all this no longer matters as Carl has apparently closed his account.  And he has closed accounts before on here.

magictwanger

GEE WHIZ! I only started this thread to say Chess Baron had some nice sets.....No more.

Sheesh!

Brynmr

You're gaslighting me. Not using a name (specifically) is the little trick we all know to be a way of avoiding being spanked. I know who he was referring to. MCH818 was the one pulling out aka looking up. No one else was. Have it your way (that's fine) but I'm not changing my view on this.

Brynmr
magictwanger wrote:

GEE WHIZ! I only started this thread to say Chess Baron had some nice sets.....No more.

Sheesh!

They DO have nice sets. Not to my taste but certainly very nice. (apologies)

theendgame3

He's gone- Good - he was out of order. 

He's a retailer speaking on a forum and calling people "idiots" who criticise some bad practices by other retailers. That's not acceptable. Wether he's nice or not. His comment was not acceptable. Hence the response he got. 

And he was still still trying to be a smart *** in  #24.  He's * ******* ******!

 

 

 

Don't know why people are backing him up, 

 

MCH818

HI Everyone, Thanks for the support for me but I really think Carl is just having a bad day. He is a really nice guy who made a mistake. He does a great job at taking care of his customers. This includes me. I pre-ordered his 3.5" Cooke set. He went above and beyond to fix the problems with the set which was not his fault by the way. The set was shipped directly from his manufacturer. It is a really tough time for everyone who sells chess stuff and who buys chess stuff, and I think he is just standing up for his friend in the business. Can we give him the benefit of the doubt and let it go?

theendgame3

He's gone. No point

MCH818
theendgame3 wrote:

He's gone. No point

Man that stinks! He is a really good person as far as I can tell. Bummer!