Forums

DGT 3000

Sort:
Atomic_Checkmate

I would like to purchase a new DGT 3000 clock, but it looks like it is out of stock everywhere in the USA.  Anyone know how long this has been the case and when the clock is expected to be available again?  I'm assuming this is yet another example of COVID ravaging the supply chain.

Crappov

I've noticed this, also.

Atomic_Checkmate
I contacted the USCF sales department to see if they knew anything. They replied the clock has been out of stock for quite some time and they don’t know when it will be available again. :-(
lotsoblots

Mine is still sitting in its box, never used..maybe I should stick this up on eBay while the market is hot before the 3100 or whatever comes out. 🤔

BigLew
Me too, my nearly twenty year old Excalibur needs replacing. I would like to replace it with a DGT 3000, but I can’t find one when I need one.
Lona_Chess

Yeah, I've been wondering when this will be back in stock. It's frustrating because this is the clock I want and I don't want to have to buy two in a short time frame. But the other commenter said that not even USCF sales knows anything, so I guess we shouldn't hold our breath for it to be back in stock...

jjupiter6

Why not just email dgt and ask?

Atomic_Checkmate
jjupiter6 wrote:

Why not just email dgt and ask?

That's a smart suggestion.  I just sent them a message.  I'll report back if/when I get a response.

Atomic_Checkmate
DGT emailed me back. “But due to delivery issues it may take some time [before] the DGT 3000 will be available. We [are] working hard for a solution.”
Atomic_Checkmate
I’m happy to report one DGT 3000 popped up on Amazon last week and I was able to snag it. I think the key at this point is persistence. That, or being willing to pay a huge mark up to get one off an Etsy vendor.
jjupiter6

"delivery issues" could mean anything.

VBerriz

I lucked out and found a DGT3000 limited edition for sale on eBay, at MSRP.