Forums

looking for a coach

Sort:
natalie1086

Lately ive been trying my best in chess, but i tend too lose focus or just focus on one capture.

I REALLY REALLY want a coach, im sure that the people who coach/help me now are like "what about us?" you guys are helping a lot but i need another to help me with my very bad habits for chess playing. 

If you would like to coach or help me please tell me here or anywhere! I get very frustrated most of the time so i give up and i don't have many other excuses.

so, if you have ever played with me you might have seen that i linger around the 160-200 and i cant help it, i usually lose on time or i lose train of thought. But you can believe me that i haven't just started playing chess. I understand all the concepts, tactics, strategies and what not, i promise im not a 7 year old who needs help with a game they dont even know the pieces too. 

Ive been playing since i was a little, so please please help me out here and TELL ME if you can coach me

TinyLittleArcticFox

@kingslandChess she is my coach

natalie1086

ok can you please send them this link so they can read it? or not, thats fine

TinyLittleArcticFox

You can

natalie1086

oh, ok then

nTzT

I can help if you want

Moonwarrior_1

Go to the coaches page

LoukasLusha

Hi, Natalie! I private messaged you happy.png

CaptainCheckmate

Don't tell people on the internet you are a girl, you're going to get a lot of messages from creepers that will pretend to want to coach you, but really just want to talk to a girl

BlindThief

If you want to improve, play slower time controls. Anything less than 15|10 is too fast at your level. Look at the possible moves, consider three to four "good" ones (your definition of good, not anyone elses), and weigh the benefits of each move (i.e. is the piece hanging, does the move leave you open to an attack, is the move really putting any pressure on your opponent, "if I take here, he takes that, then I can take like that, and win the exchange," etc.). Take 10-20 seconds per move (in a 15|10 game with, say 30 moves, you'll have about 8 minutes left taking 20 seconds per turn). And, win or lose, always review the game with an engine to tell you what you missed and whether your move was the best, or how it could've been improved.

Also, pay attention to square colors as they are very important for knight and bishop moves. And pay attention to king safety if the opposing queen is on the board as the queen can create a lot of forks.

morphy1023

Just contact whichever GM or IM you want lessons from. Below the top 30 or so players in the world you can probably get lessons for $50/hour or less.

natalie1086
BlindThief wrote:

If you want to improve, play slower time controls. Anything less than 15|10 is too fast at your level. Look at the possible moves, consider three to four "good" ones (your definition of good, not anyone elses), and weigh the benefits of each move (i.e. is the piece hanging, does the move leave you open to an attack, is the move really putting any pressure on your opponent, "if I take here, he takes that, then I can take like that, and win the exchange," etc.). Take 10-20 seconds per move (in a 15|10 game with, say 30 moves, you'll have about 8 minutes left taking 20 seconds per turn). And, win or lose, always review the game with an engine to tell you what you missed and whether your move was the best, or how it could've been improved.

Also, pay attention to square colors as they are very important for knight and bishop moves. And pay attention to king safety if the opposing queen is on the board as the queen can create a lot of forks.

thank you very much for your great advice i have been using these ever since you recommended! it! 

natalie1086
CaptainCheckmate wrote:

Don't tell people on the internet you are a girl, you're going to get a lot of messages from creepers that will pretend to want to coach you, but really just want to talk to a girl

ok i didn't realize until u said it, i like your advice

nTzT
natalie1086 wrote:
CaptainCheckmate wrote:

ok i didn't realize until u said it, i like your advice

It's definitely true and good advice. But I will say I've spoken to a few people from the site and coached some lower rated players and try to help where I can and so far all of the people I have spoken to in voice chat have been really awesome.

After you find yourself a coach, you should get a friend - if it's someone you know from somewhere else even better. Having some chess friends will help keep you motivated in this endless grind.

Besides all that, enjoy the game! 

confred123

If you are getting frustrated you will make even more mistakes, so try to calm yourself down and even take a break if it hits you. Go back to the basics, watch some lessons or do some puzzles. Anger and fear leads to pain, pain leads to suffering and suffering leads to the dark side.

Fenil1995

Hello! Drop me a personal message if you still need help and we can take it from there.

NZRichie

NZ based chess coach, 8 years experience coaching, 40+ years chess experience.

Lessons via Zoom. Message me to discuss rates and availability.

Cheers

Richie 

tacticsto
DM me
Chesstrainer1

Info for coaches: somebody with handle "Ohnomyqveen" took the lesson and didnt pay. Dad's name is Dave(at least he introdused so),boy is Lucas.Colleagues,be vigilant. His profile- www.chess.com/member/ohnomyqveen

y5y6y7

Cool