Forums

Chess Player of the Month April 2012

Sort:
trysts
LisaV wrote:
trysts wrote:

In August of 2010, LisaV introduced for the first time in the history of CPOTM, a rare and ultimately dangerous weapon: Pictures of women in leather, carrying whips. Some "gentlemen" voted hundreds of times, as if their digits were out of control. It turned out to be a landslide victory for LisaV, with some people still believing that a person named Xenia won that month...

haha

I must take issue with your interpretation, though.  I won clearly because of my purity and innocence, not because of stuff like this:

Ha! I certainly voted for you because of your purity and innocence, but I'm not too sure that some of the men voted for Xenia's purity and innocenceWink

theoreticalboy

Xenia also won the anti-coup regime vote, spoiling the expected ascension to the crown of the crony Doyle and causing the Tudor dictatorship to actually flee and form a short-lived secessionist regime, which existed mostly due to the proceeds of the corruption that would eventually lead to the execution of its leader.

nweb99
trysts wrote:

This is why kids shouldn't have to go to school.

c'est la vie.

trysts

To continue my personal view on the month-by-month history of this award...

In September of 2010, as previously mentioned, Atudor had started a coup. He created his own chess player of the month award with the prize being a membership to Chess.com, which he personally would pay for. Much chaos ensued, and bitter feelings spilled into September's actual CPOTM. Meanwhile, rather quietly, someone named Heinze nominated himself for the award. What followed was a slew of peeps voting for this unknown being, as if compelled by forces beyond themselves. Heinze became, and remains the first unseeded player to win CPOTM.

trysts
theoreticalboy wrote:

Xenia also won the anti-coup regime vote, spoiling the expected ascension to the crown of the crony Doyle and causing the Tudor dictatorship to actually flee and form a short-lived secessionist regime, which existed mostly due to the proceeds of the corruption that would eventually lead to the execution of its leader.

Laughing

DalaiLuke
trysts wrote:

To continue my personal view on the month-by-month history of this award...

In September of 2010, as previously mentioned, Atudor had started a coup. He created his own chess player of the month award with the prize being a membership to Chess.com, which he personally would pay for. Much chaos ensued, and bitter feelings spilled into September's actual CPOTM. Meanwhile, rather quietly, someone named Heinze nominated himself for the award. What followed was a slew of peeps voting for this unknown being, as if compelled by forces beyond themselves. Heinze became, and remains the first unseeded player to win CPOTM.

Wow, and all this time I thought I knew my history ... this is rich... rich I tell you ... 

... so whatever happened to heinze and his band of marauders?  I can't wait to hear how things turned out :)

trysts

I was absent from Chess.com for a couple of months, so I missed three legends being crowned as the purist of them all, i.e, CPOTM: blackfirestorm666/batgirl/bigpoison...

In May of 2011, hardcore FoxNews-loving, uber-patriotic American, echecs06, started a thread about the Royal wedding in England. While he gushed and blushed about it, many people didn't notice the contradiction. I think my period lasted for three weeks that month. But there was no denying the charm of seeing the same picture of a kidnapping posted over and over again by the soon to be CPOTM. He won in a landslide. I cried for two days...

trysts
DalaiLuke wrote:

Wow, and all this time I thought I knew my history ... this is rich... rich I tell you ... 

... so whatever happened to heinze and his band of marauders?  I can't wait to hear how things turned out :)

Laughing

malko

Not a winner yet...

uziboy

good job!!!!!!!Smile

Twobit

I can hardly wait until the page of this wonderful history book finally turns to the crowning achievement of egypt_star. Nevertheless, this is fascinating stuff so far...

theoreticalboy

I still don't understand echecs winning.  When I think about it, I go sit on the chess.com mountain for days at a time to contemplate such an existence, but alas, I have come no closer to the truth beyond that of its essential spuriousness.

DalaiLuke

There must be some serious back-room cigar smoke (and mirrors?) negotiations going on for the vote tally ... I'm guessing that, like hotel floors, the debate may revolve around whether to include the number 13

Twobit

Pleeeeease trysts, go on....

netzach

The times of the Tudors & the Xenias sounded very warlike indeed. Fire & brimstone. Intrigued to know how history unfolded thereafter.

ozzie_c_cobblepot

Congratulations kco, a well-deserved victory!

trysts

In December of 2010, CPOTM had it's first playoff. After the first stage of voting, Tonydal and Pdela were tied. An odd thing about this was that Pdela was actually tied with someone who was no longer a member of Chess.com. Tonydal had ceased to exist, with two reincarnations soon to appear. Pdela's aggravation was mounting as he began to cross people off of his friends list for failing to vote for him. The public was quite confused already, and the votes were coming in sporadically when, quite suddenly, proknight stopped the voting and named Tonydal the first posthumous winner of CPOTM!

trysts

Thanks you for your comments above! This is quite fun for meWink

netzach

Interesting memories. Is funny ! Smile

Charlotte

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsjybfVJBCM  

used to be able to post film clips, but i've not tried for a few weeks, it's different now, ne'er mind. Smile