yanzhichen2007
fishyvishy wrote:

i have never lost a game on chess.com.

lol you have

SilverByte
fishyvishy wrote:

i have never lost a game on chess.com.

null

Sorry to remind you of that losing streak you had 3 days ago. You do know everyone can check your archives right? Before you make claims like that.

ponz111

winning streak means all wins with no draws.

l1fe2liv3

50 wins in a row.

ponz111

4000 wins in a row.

kobeeee0

13-6-1 in the last 20 games with 8-0 winning streak, but im low rated tho

codeaamir

So Far I've 9 continuing in two days.

here it is : https://www.chess.com/stats/live/blitz/codeaamir

marcusstokke

SpiderUnicorn wrote:

alas, the best undefeated streak was made by Mikhail Tal, a clean 95 games with no loses. its an unbreakable record!!

Carlsen have now 101 games so far...

Samwise41

Not a "winning streak", per se, but Magnus Carlsen is in the midst of a 120-game undefeated streak in standard time controls. Unreal!

winston_weng
alex_aspergo wrote:

i have a strike of 343 games without losing. 

Your top streak is 11...

winston_weng
alex_aspergo wrote:

Nope. Its 343 including draws

I literally just looked at your archive, your current streak is 1

winston_weng

Your highest winning streak is 11, added with all your 35 draws, would only be 46 games. Not even close.

StrayCat6120
wowiezowie wrote:

I think that as you learn, there is a bit of a down time as your brain hardwires the new info... then you come back stronger... then go down again ect.  Congrats on your wins, though!

Well put. Forty four years of playing and studying music theory, I can attest that this is the truth.  And I find the same truth in studying chess in depth. 

Your brain needs time to assimilate and process the information. (That's why it's best to take small breaks when studying, e.t.c. ).

Thank you for this sound advice. 

~ Suzy Creamcheese

PS I'm friends with Vai and he talks about this often: peaks and valleys in the learning curve. I've found that in the beginning (like where I'm at with regard to chess), I learn so much from my mistakes. 

I think a good idea is to go back and study your games from a month ago;  it may seem like we're stuck on a plateau, but by looking at our games from a month ago, we've actually become better players or better at some aspects of chess. The mind/ego would have us believe otherwise (that's a metaphysical discussion for some other forum). The point is to continue moving forward with our ambitions of becoming better chess players; but do take a day or two off from playing when we hit a huge plateau (losing streak, for example). The brain does need time to assimilate information. 

donaldsen

EthanJBF

I’m just lost a 9 game win streak sad.png

ponz111

A winning streak means all wins with no losses or draws. When I was age 15 I was hired as Chess Instructor for  the city of Decatur Illinois. 

Thus I was able to have a very long winning in  streak over a two year period of time as I took on  all comers as part of my instructions.

Pamvo7
jerujoca wrote:
I'm on a 14 win streak. My profile shows 13 but my archives show the 14th. About to get a couple added to the list.

My profile also shows one win less in my win streak (26 instead of 27). Can someone explain why is this happening? At first it showed 27 and then, when the streak has ended after the 28th game was a draw, it went down to 26?!

busyb07

Question. It only counts checkmates for a win streak correct? (I don't think it counts if you win on time)

Chesswolf290

Lol I had a winning streak of {3-0} and lost it yesterday