Forums

Bulldog Candidates Tournament #2 (McGoohan - thegreatauk)

Sort:
thegreatauk

fxe4

thegreatauk

Yes he did.

vickalan
Martin0 wrote:

@vickalan, are you assuming everyone should know what your time zone is?

I hope the players can use the time stamps to know how long it's been since a warning was issued.

Unfortunatelly, I think the time stamps have low-resolution. For a day or less it shows hours, but then it switches to days, which is inexact. For this reason, I'll calculate when the 24 hours has elapsed. If I remember, I'll check around that time to see if they played on time.

For situations where I can't know for sure if the time-warning was exceeded, I'll always use assumptions that preserves the game. That is I won't say that a player has exceeded the limit, unless I know for sure. Sometimes I'll even take screen shots if I suspect that the information might be questioned.

(In this event McGoohan played on-time, with several hours to spare).

vickalan

51.R3c1...gxf3
52.Rxf3

Martin0
vickalan wrote:
Martin0 wrote:

I hope the players can use the time stamps to know how long it's been since a warning was issued.

Yes, I get everything you say, but I think that whenever you mention a time on the internet you should also mention what time zone you are referring to. I would say CET and not just "my time zone" for example.

thegreatauk

fxe4

McGoohan

Gxe4

vickalan
Martin0 wrote:
vickalan wrote:
Martin0 wrote:

Yes, I get everything you say, but I think that whenever you mention a time on the internet you should also mention what time zone you are referring to. I would say CET and not just "my time zone" for example.

Ok, you have a point. I'm in the U.S. EST (Eastern Standard Time), which is 5 hours behind UTC (Coordinated Universal Time). This is (UTC-05).

If I post a deadline again I will convert it to UTC. Then anyone can convert it to thier local time, for example with this converter:

https://www.utctime.net/utc-time-zone-converter

Btw, I believe Sweden and Switzerland is ahead one hour (UTC+1), and New Zealand is ahead 12 hours (UTC+12). So we have people playing on opposite sides of the earth, and also in different (north/south) hemispheres.happy.png

vickalan

If anyone is interested they can see a map of time zones here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time#/media/File:World_Time_Zones_Map.png

vickalan

52.Rxf3...fxe4
53.Gxe4

thegreatauk

Qg6

vickalan

53.Gxe4...Qg6

(delete 1-ply diagram)

McGoohan

Qb1

vickalan

53.Gxe4...Qg6