Bulldog Chess with Witch- HitTheDude vs. WarePin

hitthepin
Your Rook was on the second rank, I think you could have grinded out the win.
Waredude
A few of my pawns were hanging and my bishop would take several moves to free, before i could defend them. I think that it was either your game or draw.
hitthepin
Well, gg. I drew against a guy 20 ranks higher than me. ;)
Waredude
Haha, gg. I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Every move was a joy
rychessmaster1
34. Rfe1 +-
Waredude
Can't wait for our game later today. Gone be FUN.
rychessmaster1
Against me or htp?
Waredude
Oh sorry, htp. We are doing a colab and gona analyze it and put it on our blogs
HolographWars

At least I get more points for defeating htp.

Waredude
Gg htp. Another draw is fine, as i got + 12 to my rating for it!
rychessmaster1
How can you gain 12 points you were 150 points higher
Waredude
No, in our live game
Martin0

37.Rxd6 Draw Agreed

null

Martin0

Isn't black just winning? How is white supposed to stop the c-pawn? Just play c3,c2,Bh6 and the pawn will promote. If white tries to block blacks bishop with f4, then black opens up the diagonal with g5. I don't see a way for white to stop the c-pawn without sacrificing his rook...

Martin0

Example:

37...c3 38.Rc6 c2 39.Rc1 Bh6

null

40.f4 g5 41.fxg5 Bxg5 42.Wf4

null

42...Bf6 43.Gg1 Bb2 44.Gf1 Rd2

null

35.Ge1 Bxc1 36.Gxd2 Bxd2

null

Martin0

Maybe 40.Wf4 works in that line. I admit I missed that move.

Martin0

40.Wf4

null

40...Bg5 41.Gg1 Bf6 42.Gf1

null

42...Bb2 43.Gxe2 Bxc1 44.Gd3

null

44...Bxf4 45.Gxc2 Bxg3

null

Probably a drawn endgame here.

Martin0

I don't find a way for black to win, but if I were black I would certainly try. As far as I see white holds with one tempo and Wf4 is a key move to find (something I found hard). This said, I am not 100% confident in this analysis. One really annoying thing for black is that his rook runs out of squares on the second rank since the pawn on c2 blocks a2,b2. Guard on e1 threatens d2,e2,f2, king on h1 threatens g2,h2,i2 and pawn on i2 blocks j2.

Waredude
Thanks for your analysis! I liked it. Yes, i had spent several days trying to find a way to win and it is simply above my current skill level i think. And the reason i did offer was because i did not want to risk losing quite THAT many points in one game.
Martin0

Glad you liked it happy.png

For me blacks moves almost play by themselves. Just push the pawn and then try to control the promotional square. Whites moves on the other hand when trying to come up with a defense is really hard. It is whites job to find the best defense though, black can just execute his simple plan and then see where it leads. You don't need to have everything figured out when you try.