Chess Triathlon

Albert_Lee

Chess, Xiangqi, and Shogi belong to three separate branches of the chess family. There are no other traditional chess variants that are as distinct from each other as these three.

I wonder how many people here play all three of these games. For those who do, what do you think about a chess triathlon where players compete against each other in all three games? It would a great test of mind power where you have to strategize in three different ways! It should be a very fun and exciting tournament.

I've searched the World Wide Web, but there doesn't seem to be a tournament like this anywhere in the world.

evert823

I play all three, but western chess the most seriously.

Pulpofeira

A great and exciting idea.

macer75
Albert_Lee wrote:

Chess, Xiangqi, and Shogi belong to three separate branches of the chess family. There are no other traditional chess variants that are as distinct from each other as these three.

I wonder how many people here play all three of these games. For those who do, what do you think about a chess triathlon where players compete against each other in all three games? It would a great test of mind power where you have to strategize in three different ways! It should be a very fun and exciting tournament.

I've searched the World Wide Web, but there doesn't seem to be a tournament like this anywhere in the world.

So... basically chessboxing minus boxing, plus Xiangqi and Shogi?

SoloAjedrez3
Albert_Lee wrote:

I know how to play all those variants. I'm class A in chess but a newbie in Shogi & XiangQi.