Correspondence Chess Rules for Variant-Chess

vickalan
captaintugwash wrote:

There should probably be a limit to the number of time warnings over a 40-move period. Three seems reasonable to me.

Should we make a rule that after three time warnings, the next time violation (going over 3 days) can be called as an automatic forfeit?

Usually I would think that players who need to keep being reminded are probably poor players, so they should be easy to beat anyway. But who knows - maybe some people are lazy and have poor game etiquette but are brilliant chess masters?😛

rychessmaster1
Example: FEF
Martin0
vickalan wrote:
rychessmaster1 wrote:

...25 days for infinite 

I definitely don't want to make different rules for different types of games.

Everyone seems to agree we should have more vacation time, so next time I log on, I'll check here. If no complaints, I'll ammend the rules for 10 days of vacation effective for all NEW games started.

10? I thought we just agreed to 15

evert823
vickalan wrote:
captaintugwash wrote:

There should probably be a limit to the number of time warnings over a 40-move period. Three seems reasonable to me.

Should we make a rule that after three time warnings, the next time violation (going over 3 days) can be called as an automatic forfeit?

Usually I would think that players who need to keep being reminded are probably poor players, so they should be easy to beat anyway. But who knows - maybe some people are lazy and have poor game etiquette but are brilliant chess masters?😛

Immediately effective in my game against Holo?tongue.png

HolographWars
evert823 wrote:
vickalan wrote:
captaintugwash wrote:

Immediately effective in my game against Holo?

That was not my third warning. I asked for board after two plies.

captaintugwash

Immediately effective with a clean slate, probably. There was no consent before, so perhaps people thought it was perfectly acceptable time management to wait for warning before deciding what to do. That's fair enough if there's no rule in place that prevents this use of time.

HolographWars

Can you say: Start vacation in three days?