How to play King of the Hill?

Steikt

King of the Hill is a chess variant. The winner is the person who gets his king to one of the 4 middle squares first (e4, e5 ,d4,d5) the game can also be won by checkmating the opponent.

How do you play King of the Hill? Do you run with the king in the start of the game or do you wait and go there later? Do you castle? Which opening works best?

I always run with the King pretty early, it does not work so well if the opponent knows what he is doing... but it is fun

DoctorStrange

Thanks for the help :)

Steikt

Did I help? lol, I was asking for help! 

Lt_Jilli

thinking a lot more sacrifices than regular chess

Ariues

yea u helped lol. i needed to know if you could still checkmate because im playing in a KOTH tourney. 

BlargDragon

Dang it, I bet Khan knows.

Bongcloud_420

Even though this is 2 years old, yes. Yes you can still checkmate.

Tacticsfull
Steikt wrote:

King of the Hill is a chess variant. The winner is the person who gets his king to one of the 4 middle squares first (e4, e5 ,d4,d5) the game can also be won by checkmating the opponent.

How do you play King of the Hill? Do you run with the king in the start of the game or do you wait and go there later? Do you castle? Which opening works best?

I always run with the King pretty early, it does not work so well if the opponent knows what he is doing... but it is fun

Don't rush in with king too early. Opponents of mine rush king too early, they get checkmated