Forums

Losers chess

Sort:
Hobbes_NLC

The point of Losers chess is to lose all your pieces before the other person does. If a person can take a piece they must take it. The king is not an important piece he can be taken just like any other piece. This was a varient on chesspark.com.

mtredding

I thought that that was suicide chess, and loser chess was where you tried to lose every piece except your king.

DAW84

sounds cool to me!

Meadmaker

My favorite loser's chess endgame:

I can't remember how we got there, but I was playing white.  I had a pawn on e2, a pawn on g3, and a rook on H1.  He had a single pawn on d2.  He was feeling pretty good, but it was a trap.  I played RH2.

The rest of the game went

d1=N

e3

Nxe3

g4

Nxg4

RH6

NxH6.

A queen or a bishop would have fallen into a similar trap.  A rook would have taken me, as I would not have been able to stop him from getting in front of my pawn on a diagonal such as d3 in front of my e2 pawn.  I took a chance that he would instinctively go for a weak piece, and he did.

ShadowIKnight
mf92

And after the merge it was not included here, atomic chess is also fun

ShadowIKnight

Whats the difference between suicide chess and loser's chess?

HGMuller
ShadowIKnight wrote:

Whats the difference between suicide chess and loser's chess?

In Losers Chess the nomal rules for check and checkmate apply, and you can only play moves that would also be legal in normal Chess. (But you lose when you checkmate your opponent.)

In Suicide Chess there is no royal piece, you can promote to King, and you win by being stalemated (usually because you have no pieces).

ker123

Anyone want a game of Suicide Chess?

Hobbes_NLC

This is old what happened here?

ShadowIKnight

EVERYTHING that doesnt include you.

egdodnoj

chesspark.com redirects to chess.com, did they buy them out or something.  I was hoping to play some suicide chess.Cry

KingDestroyer3000

No body cares about loser chess/suiside chess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strangemover

5 years ago bro why are you trawling ancient threads only to say something completely pointless?

HGMuller

He must care a lot about Loser's Chess...

gustavtropolo

wow cool!

HGMuller

Seems Suicide Chess has just been weakly solved: it was proven that 1.e3 is a forced win for white.

MarshmallowQueen2

This game isn't on chess.com

Donkey256
Its on lichess
check_NikHill

HOW TO START LOSERS CHESS ON CHESS.COM