Serious bad piece challenge

apotosaurus
AndyAwesome1 wrote:

btw whats your real rating evert? i dont have fide but im 1618 uscf

im about (rounded to the nearest 1) 1686 USCF

apotosaurus

I created the best pieces ever:

C= Carrotcal

Combination of carrot (health) and caracal (speed, agility). Doesn't exist but a pawn can promote to it on the 13th rank. Board must be 10 x 15 or more. Carrotcal can move like: pawn, queen, knight, kite, kangaroo. Can't capture but can checkmate. Can, when moving like pawn or queen, jump over other pieces.

Kt- Kite

Moves 3x2 squares or 2x3 squares and can hop over others.

Ko- Kangaroo

Knight but moves 3x1 or 2x2 or 1x3 or 0x4 or 4x0

apotosaurus

Worst piece ever: cookiechocolate

CCJT

one on each file in front of your pieces. They block everything except for Carrotcal, kangaroo, kite, knight, and any additional jumpy pieces. They have to be captured by the opponent if possible, but you can't capture the piece that captured it. They can't move.

apotosaurus

About the carrotcal, yes that means a pawn on the 8th rank has the option to promote 4 ranks to a pawn on the 12th rank

apotosaurus

Good piece- AardvarkAgent

A

Can move 5x8, 6x7, 7x6, or 8x5 in 2 moves:

1. Adp [aardvarkagent dug a tunnel and disappeared from the board]

2. A[whatever square]aardvarkagent emerges from tunnel

apotosaurus

Badpiece- bedrock {BR}

if on the board prevents the aardvark from digging

e-pluszak

k-Snake: occupies k squares in sequence, first of which is head, and last of each is tail. On one move you can move the head to a adjacent square and move all other parts one square forward

e.g. if before the move snake looks like this (knight represents the head):

It can be moved to:

If snake's head moves to a square occupied by enemy piece snake can capture it.

If opponent moves any piece to a square occupied by the snake the snake is split into two shorter snakes (or is shortened by one square if captured square is head or tail). If 1-snake remains is the same as guard.

My entry for a worst piece challenge is 6-snake located on b3-c3-d3-e3-f3-g3 on the standard starting position.

e-pluszak

Note: king can't capture any piece of the snake (except for tail), because it would be under attack of the new head. Thus: is it possible to checkmate with a king and a k-snake?

HorribleTomato
The evil queen. The opponent may move it as well (and it can capture your own pieces) but you may not capture it. Also cannot capture or check opponents pieces.
evert823

The snake is interesting. Although I have one doubt. Is it simply a very weak piece but still adding positive strength to your army? Or is this piece effectively making your own army weaker, like the Tree does?

evert823
HorribleTomato wrote:
The evil queen. The opponent may move it as well (and it can capture your own pieces) but you may not capture it. Also cannot capture or check opponents pieces.

That's not a weak piece, that's a strong opponent's piece.

e-pluszak
evert823 wrote:

The snake is interesting. Although I have one doubt. Is it simply a very weak piece but still adding positive strength to your army? Or is this piece effectively making your own army weaker, like the Tree does?

I think it occupies much space blocking other pieces. But it depends on where it's placed. It maybe also a good defensive piece, because it's hard to capture. Maybe I should change the rule of capturing the snake, because now it's hard to capture (or at least capturing it means losing the capturing piece). E.g. after one square is captured the whole snake is removed, or after any square is captured than all other become immobile pieces. Hard to say.

Anyone wants to play a game with white having a snake on b3-g3 squares, and black without a snake?

evert823

Yes but only now I have too many games

rychessmaster1
e-pluszak wrote:
evert823 wrote:

I think it occupies much space blocking other pieces. But it depends on where it's placed. It maybe also a good defensive piece, because it's hard to capture. Maybe I should change the rule of capturing the snake, because now it's hard to capture (or at least capturing it means losing the capturing piece). E.g. after one square is captured the whole snake is removed, or after any square is captured than all other become immobile pieces. Hard to say.

Anyone wants to play a game with white having a snake on b3-g3 squares, and black without a snake?