Forums

Two forced wins in antichess

Sort:
ozzie_c_cobblepot

When creating an antichess player for a programming contest awhile back, I discovered two quick mates. Here they are, along with the rules of this particular antichess variant.

Rules:

1. Chess legal moves apply. Only the objective of the game changes. For example, if you are in check, you must get out of check.
  2. The one extra rule is that when faced with a capture, you must make the capture. However, this does not override getting out of check. When faced with equal priority moves, you may choose.
  3. So first if you are in check and can get out with a capture, you must do so. If you are in check and cannot capture, then you must get out of check, however you wish. If you are not in check, then you must make a capture if any are legal. Otherwise, you can make whatever move you like.
  4. You win the game if you end up checkmated, or if you have no pieces except for your king.

Two forced sequences.

1.h4 h5??

2.g4 hxg4 3.Bh3 gxh3 (3...Rxh4 4.Bxg4 Rxh1 [4...Rxg4 5.Rh2 Rg1#] 5.Bxd7+ Qxd7 6.a3 Qxd2+ 7.Bxd2 Rxg1#) 4.Nxh3 Rxh4 5.Ng5 Rxh1#

And 1.h4 g5 2.hxg5 h5?? 3.Rxh5 Rxh5 4.a3 Rxg5 5.Bg2 Rxg4 6.Bxb7 Bxb7 7.b3 Rxg1#

miki_martin

And the same with diagrams & small corrections... Tongue out

miki_martin

But how about the 3. gxh6 variant in the 2nd game? Tongue out

thesexyknight

How would one normally go about opening in antichess?

funandniceisme
[COMMENT DELETED]
GMKronicon

This is not the regular Anti Chess or Suicide chess. This a Loser Chess. In the real antichess capture is allways like checkers. In Antichess there is not check you can promote a pawn as king. But in loser you have to lose are your pieces but except your king. If the king is in check you have put your king out check.

BattleChessGN18

It's cute. I like it. =D

ozzie_c_cobblepot

I know it’s not antichess, but at the time that’s the name they gave it.