Forums

Weird Double and triple checks in 4 Player check

Sort:
sergeygerodes

There are some special cases that I cant understand.

It is obvious that a check delivered to two Kings in one move is a double check. The same to three King is a triple check. But...

Is 

• delivering a standard double-check to one King in one move counted as a double check?
  • delivering a standard double-check to one King and a check to another counted as a tripple check?
  • delivering a check to one King, but making the place free for an opponent piece so it makes a check to same/another King a double check? (If yes who will receive the points?)
  • delivering a check to a King who is already under check a double-check?
  • if the last is true. Is delivering a check to a King that is under double check a triple check? (the same delivering a double check to King that is under a check)
  • How is threatened a delivery of two double checks to two different Kings? It's possible. (Probably will be counted as two double checks...) Let's make a challenge here. Can you compose a situation where you deliver three double checks?
  • Here It becomes really crazy. But its fun to think about.)) Delivering a triple check to three different Kings but one the checks will be a double check. Is it then counted triple + double check or just one of them? (I can compose such a situation)

I just want to know it so I can collect points when I am seeing opportunities.

Martin0

Double and triple checks must be made in 1 move. If a player moves a piece that allows a discovered attack on another player's king and at the same time checks another king (be it by discovery or standard check), that is a double check (even if it wasn't his piece). The same applies for triple checks.

So to answer your questions:

A standard double check against one king does not count. You need to check 2 kings.

You will get the points if you create a discovered attack using an opponents piece that causes check

You can deliver a check against a king which is already checked by another player

It does not matter if an opponents king is checked before you move. It is only checks you create with the piece you move and discovered checks created by the piece you move that counts and it must be to different kings.

sergeygerodes

That answers all my questions. Thank you very much