Vickalan: Bulldog, and guard
Evert823: Witch, TT, dwarf, and xianqi cannon
HorribleTomato: Spirit, and hunter
Junebug444: lumberjack, and zombie
Thegreatauk: Archer, and mole
Rychessmaster1: Mage
Holographwars: Spy
vickalan

togepi started to invent a piece called the ball, but he kept trying to change the rules even while the game was in-progress. The ball needs some help if anyone wants to finish inventing it. One main thing it did is that it rolled until it hit a piece, and could even roll off the edge of the board and come up on the other side (wrapping ability). It's the 4th piece in this graphic:

null

vickalan

Also I wouldn't say I invented the guard, although I made a graphic that is often used. Actually, since you mentioned it, here is an article that I wrote about it a long time ago:

(History of the guard)

happy.png

Waredude
Maybe this?.....

Ball (Ball): Moves and captures as a rook. In addition the ball can leap up to three squares away (capturing the piece it lands on but not the ones it jumped over.). When leaping, the ball stops on the square it lands on (does not continue moving as a rook).

Also, the ball wraps across the board. For example, the ball can roll off the board at left and appear on the same rank at the right. (allowed for both jumps and sliding).
In the diagram arrows are leaps, circles are sliding. Note that the ball can slide left and land on j4.

After the ball has moved at least once, the ball paralyzes any pieces it is attacking orthogonally: All opponent pieces attacked by the rook's move (sliding attack) are paralyzed. This means that a piece attacked by the ball as a rook are frozen in position while the ball remains in position. This includes the ball's wrapping ability (and therefore both player's guards are not frozen in the games opening position).
vickalan
Waredude wrote:
...Ball (Ball): Moves and captures as a rook. In addition the ball can leap up to three squares away (capturing the piece it lands on but not the ones it jumped over.). When leaping, the ball stops on the square it lands on (does not continue moving as a rook)…
Also, the ball wraps across the board...

That sounds like the rules that togepi made. Another idea for the ball is to make it act like a bowling ball - maybe it can roll-over (capture) two or three pieces in one turn? Not sure if that's too powerful though. But some pieces with multi-capture ability might be something to try.😍

thegreatauk

I also invented the Grizzly Bear. The Werewolf was invented by @HGMuller I think (just search for it in the forums). And there is the tree not quite sure who invented that, maybe Junebug? 

evert823

The Xiangqi Cannon was invented centuries ago. Only I have given the rules for how it interacts with the Witch. The WereWolf has been invented by HGMuller. The Tree has been invented by me.

HolographWars

JohnHS invented the Harpy

HolographWars

evert invented the Siege Tower, that was long time ago.

HolographWars

Never knew that; interesting.

evert823
HolographWars wrote:

evert invented the Siege Tower, that was long time ago.

vickalan invented the bulldog, I had proposed the name Siege Tower for the same piece.

Waredude
Vick, i changed a few things. And some wording. Lets try it with a two capture ability!
Waredude
Ball (Ball): Moves and captures as a rook. In addition the ball can leap up to three squares away (capturing the piece it lands on but not the ones it jumped over.). When leaping, the ball stops on the square it lands on (does not continue moving as a rook).

Also, the ball wraps across the board. For example, the ball can roll off the board at left and appear on the same rank at the right. (allowed for both jumps and sliding).
In the diagram arrows are leaps, circles are sliding. Note that the ball can slide left and land on j4.

After the ball has moved at least once, the ball paralyzes any pieces it is attacking orthogonally: All opponent pieces attacked by the rook's move (sliding attack) are paralyzed. This means that a piece attacked by the ball as a rook are frozen in position while the ball remains in position. This includes the ball's wrapping ability (and therefore both player's guards are not frozen in the games opening position).

(Special capture. AKA, the ricochet) Once the ball has made a capture, on the same turn you may choose to move it to the side and capture a second piece. Example; if you played (Ball)e4-xh4 then you may choose to move it one more time along the h-file. If you played (ball)e1-xe5 then you may choose to move it one more time along the 5th rank. Note; the ricochet may only be used twice for every 15 moves.

This?