Can't Find Something in the New Design? Ask Here!

TadDude
Sooner wrote:

Where is "Help" now?

Your theme obscures the "Help" in the "Help & Support" link at the end of every page.

netzach

:)

Sooner

Thanks, netzach, but how do I access Support Center in the new interface? Isn't there a button I can click that will take me there?

netzach
Sooner wrote:

Thanks, netzach, but how do I access Support Center in the new interface? Isn't there a button I can click that will take me there?

Well.... If is becuase of obscured by by theme go :

home/account then under title at top is this ?

'' Manage your Chess.com account here. If you have any questions, please contact support! ''

chess_kebabs

The Help & Support link is at the bottom of every page Sooner. See all the links next to the pawn icon? 

chess_kebabs
TadDude wrote:
Sooner wrote:

Where is "Help" now?

Your theme obscures the "Help" in the "Help & Support" link at the end of every page.

I agree TaDude, it's a struggle to see it. It needs a shaded semi transparent mask behind it overlaying the theme page to make it readable.

netzach
chess_kebabs wrote:
TadDude wrote:
Sooner wrote:

Where is "Help" now?

Your theme obscures the "Help" in the "Help & Support" link at the end of every page.

I agree TaDude, it's a struggle to see it. It needs a shaded semi transparent mask behind it overlaying the theme page to make it readable.

Yes but do think searching for anything probably simpler via home/account link as that is good page to go most places...

Sooner

Thanks, babs. After much searching of many pages, I finally found "Help & Support." Why, oh why, would those who designed this new interface put something so important and fundamental as that in such an obscure place. That defies common sense. It should be so prominently located that it would be almost impossible to miss it! User friendly? Progress?

LegoPirate

What happened to the report bad problem button in TT?

chess_kebabs
Sooner wrote:

Thanks, babs. After much searching of many pages, I finally found "Help & Support." Why, oh why, would those who designed this new interface put something so important and fundamental as that in such an obscure place. That defies common sense. It should be so prominently located that it would be almost impossible to miss it! User friendly? Progress?

It's always been at the bottom of the pages Sooner :) But it's now  more obscure because the text is smaller and it's a very faint font/colour. The theme page interferes with it greatly, the text is almost invisible. I feel like I'm at the optometrist having my eyes tested.   

chess_kebabs
LegoPirate wrote:

What happened to the report bad problem button in TT?

Part of the new tactics problem solving is solving where the bad problem button has gone.. good luck!

Sorry, no clues will be given.

malko
[COMMENT DELETED]
Sooner

babs, maybe it has always been at the bottom of every page; but I used to get to support without the slightest difficulty, and I never used that link. And that pale print that is almost illegible is yet another instance of the extremely poor judgment of those who designed the new interface. Why would they not intuitively grasp the utility of making print that is easy to read. User friendly? Progress? Hardly.

jpr1

I posted a comment in the discussion of an article from yesterday on Anand losing in Baden Baden match.  people responded, and I then responded today.  But now, there is simply no way for me to get back to the discussion.  It is not in "topics I am tracking", not in topics I have posted in", it doesn't come up anywhere on my home page.  this has happened one time before.  very frustrating.  it seems that when we post in response to an article as opposed to a post in something designated a "forum", it then disappears!  does anyone have any suggestions?  thanks!

kohai

Was it a forum thread? Article ? blog ?

netzach

Was that not a '' News '' item ?  Here:

http://www.chess.com/news/anand-loses-in-the-bundesliga-1294 

jpr1

yes, thanks-- it was a "news" item-- that link is correct.  how did you get to it?

netzach
jpr1 wrote:

yes, thanks-- it was a "news" item-- that link is correct.  how did you get to it?

Just pure chance had read that news-item & remembered !

Go to top of page menu-bar, share/news     (follow link from there)

jpr1

netzach-- thanks-- good to know how to access earlier news pieces!

gambit-man

almost a whole week passed, still no answer. where is all the staff help?

i'm now fed up waiting