Forums

TheGrobe's waffles burned; please tell me how awesome I am (maybe donate to him)

Sort:
cabadenwurt

Thanks for the info Mrguy 888, I guess I knew there was no hope. At least they made a few movies with the original cast, I suppose that will have to do. 

cabadenwurt

Well things seem have slowed down a bit here in this happy little thread. At this point I guess I should paraphrase a line from a Paul Newman movie " What we have here NOW is a failure to communicate ! " lol

corrijean

Paul Newman is one of my favorite actors, right after Gregory Peck.

theoreticalboy

Newman is pretty great.  We share a first name and have birthdays one day apart, so I guess I'm predisposed to like him, though Tongue out

ilikeflags

handsome devil

bigpoison

I can eat fi'ty eggs.

theoreticalboy

I'm watching Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy for like the billionth time.  Alec Guinness and Ian Richardson > Paul Newman.

bigpoison

Man! you're watching four movies at once!?  No wonder you can't find your lighter.

theoreticalboy

Oh, I left that at a girl's place, I probably shouldn't go back there for a little while... plus I remembered I had another.

ozzie_c_cobblepot
I can eat... about tree fiddy!
Cystem_Phailure

bigpoison wrote: I can eat fi'ty eggs.

The trick is getting the shells down.

kco
Cystem_Phailure wrote:

bigpoison wrote: I can eat fi'ty eggs.

The trick is getting the shells down.

like the ones in Survivour show ( US TV series) ?

ivandh

Yes, the season that Paul Newman won.

cabadenwurt

Another vote here for " Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy ", my favourite spy show. The second part of that mini-series, " Smiley's People " was also quite good. 

theoreticalboy
cabadenwurt wrote:

Another vote here for " Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy ", my favourite spy show. The second part of that mini-series, " Smiley's People " was also quite good. 

That's up next Wink

"God damn you, George Smiley, and all who sail in you!"

kco

wasn't there one called "Hook, Line and Sinker." ? 

cabadenwurt

I'm lucky enough to have both series featuring the great Alec Guinness as George Smiley on dvd's here. Also included are terrific interviews with the Writer of the original books that the series were based on ( John le Carre for our younger visitors, he also wrote numerous other Spy novels ).

cabadenwurt

In case this thread has come to a halt we should pobably end with --- Theoreticalboy is great, as he has often told us  lol. Also I think we still need some waffle irons --- 

cabadenwurt

Well this cute little thread does indeed seem to have run out of getup and go ! So let me just add: Hail to Theoreticalboy ( also Snow Sleet and Rain as well  lol ). Also I hope that Waffles are back on the menu over at The Grobe's place --- and to one and all " A Very Good Night " ( plus Adios Amigos etc etc ).   

kco

How it going sofar TheGrobe ? life turning normally yet ?