Forums

Yellow Live Coverage Message...

Sort:
GraemeK

"CLICK HERE to watch Live Coverage of the US Chess League w/ top players and commentary -- Show is open to *all members*"

... annoying. Anyone know how to get rid of this message? :(

ivandh

Nuclear weapons.

VanillaKnightPOC

Sausages

whirlwind2011

@OP: Surely it's not so bad, yes?

GraemeK

Lol. Seems somewhat noisy ...

Blackfang
whirlwind2011 wrote:

I could see it taking up a large part of your screen if you have a smaller one. Not everyone has 1080p screens :/.

ivandh
Blackfang wrote:
whirlwind2011 wrote:

I could see it taking up a large part of your screen if you have a smaller one. Not everyone has 1080p screens :/.

What are you using, a Commodore 64?

Blackfang

I'm using a machine I built myself with a 1080p screen, a $180 keyboard a decent mouse, and a $100 headset. But I'm a gamer. And not everybody in the world is a gamer. Until about 4 months ago, I was using a 1360x768 18.5" screen, and that's fairly large for the monitors you get with an OEM PC. It would take up a not negligible amount of screen space on that. Even more if you have a smaller screen, such as a laptop or something.

ivandh

I'm on a laptop right now and it takes up one line. But I guess if you are easily annoyed there's not much to do.

If I may inquire, what features accompany a keyboard that costs $180? Must be pretty snazzy.

Blackfang

I pulled out my 14" laptop, and it takes up a decent amount. I can live with it. But it would take up more on, say, a netbook's screen (11"). I can see how it would be frustrating to have a decent amount of your screen taken away from you - not something I'm worried about, but I could see it.