Forums

possible or impossible?

Sort:
Andrei25
s0030135 wrote:

I like cookies.

lol jk

shoopi

Nice proof game s0030135. You understood that white's light square bishop must have been captured on it's original square, and I like the way you lose tempo at the end with the black king.

shoopi

Here's another one by cobra91.

Can both kings castle?

deepak64

Yes.

shoopi
deepak64 wrote:

Yes.

Winning the internet.

andrewjmen

Yes, it's 2 weeks ago that Shoopi posted something and I was getting bored lately so I wanted to do something too, so I made this puzzle: I think it's not as hard as it looks. If black does it's best to not move his Queenside Rook and King, can black still castle?

White's last move was not the King

Scottrf

Impossible to know.

andrewjmen

I do think it is possible to know it...

Scottrf

The answer must be no then.

andrewjmen

it doesn't have to be no

Scottrf

Yes it does. There's no way of telling if the rook or king have left and returned to their initial positions.

andrewjmen

changed it Cool

andrewjmen

but you were right before I changed it

Fralnp

Seeing that the White's last move was Knight on g8, and since it couldn't get here from normal moves means this is a promoted Knight h7xg8=K. This means Black "could potentialy" castle unless this is proved through a entire reconstitution of the position with that set-up.

Apex__Predator

impossibru

andrewjmen

with the number of pieces that black has, is it possible to get a pawn to that position? and can anyone try to get the position with moving the pieces in a legal way that you'll get to the position?

Scottrf

Nice work...

andrewjmen

You're right s0030135! Nicely done making the game. Also Fralnp's explanation of the Knight being promoted is right! But g7-g8=N was simplier than the move h7xg8=N.

andrewjmen

here's another one, Tip: coordinates

Edit: Please post a whole game

andrewjmen

you're right again s0030135!