Forums

Unusual Records by Chess Players

Sort:
ponz111

This could be an unusual chess record or just some kind of record that is non chess by a chess player.

Just to start out, I won a duplicate bridge tournament with 640 players last month.  [a minor record]

Here is another--semi record--I have bowled 344 perfect bowling games in the last 2 years.

One more,  I have [in the past] played more than 4,000  chess games in a row --all wins--no losses or draws--against more than 500 players.

blueemu

In the late 1800's, there was a German chessmaster... can't recall his name... who still holds the world record for resigning by sweeping the pieces off the chess-board and breaking the wooden board over his opponent's head. His personal best, eleven times in one tournament, has never been beaten.

AndyClifton

Here are some unusual players by Chess Records:

corrijean

Are chess and bowling related?

AndyClifton

And how about bridge and bowling?

learningthemoves

Yes, chess and bowling both have (bad) puns, I mean pins.

ponz111

Both take a lot of concentration.  I have bowled quite a few games with the first 11 strikes and then lose concentration and not get the 12th strike for a perfect game.

NimzoRoy

ponz111 must be a direct descendant of Zukertort (L) or Baron Munchausen.

ponz111

How am i a direct descendant?

NimzoRoy

I was speaking, or rather typing, figuratively. You can look them up using any search engine and/or read about them at Wikipedia.

ponz111

I am guessing you do not think I bowled so many perfect games?

NimzoRoy

Well as a matter of fact...is there a newspaper article or some other source for this admittedly amazing feat? The chess record you mention above is also quite amazing - and hard to believe. But maybe being believed is not a major concern here?

ponz111

NimzoRoy in chess you need to use your imagination to find new lines of play that others have not found.

Yes, I have bowled that many perfect games in the last 2 years the catch is that it was on Wii bowling.  Despite the "catch" it is a rather good record but there is one person who has beat my "record" all to heck--this gentleman has bowled maybe over 1500 perfect games in Wii bowling.

There is a rating system in Wii bowling and I am tied in the world with

other Will bowlers with the highest possible score--to get that rating one must bowl a lot of perfect games and when one gets near that record and bowls say a 299 then your rating drops.  I do not post things I have not done.

Here is another record for you. I am the only player in the history of the United States

Correspondence Chess Championship to win ALL my games with

Black in the Finals.  There have been about 20 such

Championships. 

I can also explain how I did my chess record of so many games in a row with wins.

1RedKnight99

Explain, then.

ponz111

When I was 15 years old-I lived in Decatur, Illinois and had my own motor scooter.  Back then it was legal for a 15 year old to ride a motor schooter.

This was1956.  The school district hired teachers as playground supervisors during the summer at about 40 different spots. They hired me as chess instructor for the whole city!  I was paid the same salary as the teachers. I would drive my scooter to a designated playgroud and would find say 10 kids all set up with their chess sets to play me and I always did a simul playing all at once and when one lost they would just set up a different game. I was winning all my games but then lost a game.

after that for the rest of the year 3 months in the summer] I won every single game with no losses and no draws.  And the next year [3 months in the summer]  I won every single game. 

Obviously

I was a better player than the school kids.  I  played more than 400 kids in the 2 years and there were more than 4000 games in a row without loss or draw.

ponz111

I also have a tripple  tennis record Cool but here is something in tennis when I did not do so well. I was playing in a tournament--you win a match and you go on to next round. I had won one match and in the second match was destroying another player.  I had won 5 straight games and was ahead 40 love on the 5th game. But it was very hot--about 100 degrees and I was exhausted and could not get the final point and my opponent came back and beat me!

ponz111

Also, I have never lost or drew with any grandmaster--and there are 3 grandmasters who play now who I have played in the past.

And I grandmaster [a different one] who played a game of tandem chess with me. He and I were one one side against two very strong players on the other side. We did not lose that game.

Lots of silly records.  I have a record for comparatively least time taken in an internet game where one master plays a whole team which consisted of several masters and other players. [I am proud of this particular record]

ponz111

Other than our prisoners cuba I am one of the few people in the world who has been tortured by music.  Guess I just have weird things happen to me...

Not to mention the very weird way I never became a USCF master despite playing above that level.

TheRussianPatzer

Obvious troll is obvious :3

ponz111

I am not a troll!  These things did happen.  For a longer explanation of some of these weird things go to Ponziani Power group and read the forums. [if that is allowed] Or for some proof read my profile.

I can explain every one of my weird happening and for some I have proof such as never losing to a gm etc.

Here is another,  I have played two US Champions--two players who have won a United States Championship and beat them both [at chess]

Those without imagination will dismiss what I say as trolling but those who are free thinkers will say "Why would he say these things if they were not true" and then at least ask questions.