Forums

Worst first move in chess

Sort:
incamei

CheckmatePhantasms

This is not entirely true. Though the evidence from a single source, the strongest chess engine in the world, "Stockfish" lists 1:f3 as the worst possible opening move for white. Granted, you can argue 1:A4 is a bad move, but 1:f3 is the worst possible move.

incamei

And then resign 

talapia

I prefer 1. f3 followed by 2. Kf2.

It's simple logic. Develop the most important piece, first.

Amazing that the so-called expert players have neglected all this time rapid development of the King. Put the Royal shyster to work, he can't stay idle in the palace all day playing around with his rook.

MainframeSupertasker

By my own logic, i would prefer f3. It allows for Fool's mate, and also avoids the weak bird's opening.

Taffa64

I think 1.f3 is the worst first move in chess. It doesn't develop a piece or even open the line to a piece to be developed next move. Also, it takes away the natural square of the g1 knight.

LewisTheCat289043
I think the worst few moves are E3 then after whatever black does KE2 then again and KF3, KE4 Boom do you want your most important piece in the mid i don’t think so get 🔥 boi
tmodel66

I think the worst chess move is continuing this thread.

old-patzer

1. h3 The Clemenz Opening

LewisTheCat289043
Lol I didn’t think of king of the hill lol why did I do the goal of the game lol
MainframeSupertasker
sanjuhari wrote:

j9f h9sr u8.a/W7c 'y./w[76q

n234nqc907r80rn,cqvft

cK4B688560UJ8308U898UY48I5E083909TI

8785JM43MNVV70Y2N04

U898N7V350QNYV

F4TU24N89

34Q37

I dont know why.. but these codes seem to be so familiar to me... where did you find this?

Im_just_bad

Not even close to the worst, kid. The grob (1.g4) is the worst

Im_just_bad
CheckmatePhantasms wrote:

This is not entirely true. Though the evidence from a single source, the strongest chess engine in the world, "Stockfish" lists 1:f3 as the worst possible opening move for white. Granted, you can argue 1:A4 is a bad move, but 1:f3 is the worst possible move.

f3 is -0.6 at depth 40

g4 is -0.8 at depth 40

PolarPhoenix

1. g4 followed by f3 to dominate the kingside

Im_just_bad
PolarPhoenix wrote:

1. g4 followed by f3 to dominate the kingside

QwertyNinja93
Worst first four moves
Nc3
Nf6
Nb1
Ng8
incamei

No

Joey9999

This is crazy 😜 

MainframeSupertasker

lol 

joey xDxD

MARattigan
CheckmatePhantasms wrote:

My version of Stockfish rates 1.Na3 below 1.f3.