Forums

Am I screwed?

Sort:
Berry_Noob

I'm playing White here. How is my situation right now? Is it too risky to a point where I'll miserably lose?

Not asking for which move to take next, but just give me an idea of the shithole that I'm in. My head is spinning by just looking at it.

Submitted the gameplay for those who care. Feel like black was losing tempo towards the end game...

AndyClifton

Why are you asking about a game that's in progress?

Irontiger

White's position look fine to me. But not in the case of Bxh7+ ??.

I won't give you the move you should play, but that's pretty obvious.

GenghisCant

I'd say black is the one who has to do some quick thinking.

You shouldn't ask about a game in progress though.

waffllemaster

You guys do to many tactic puzzles :p  Black looks better to me.

@berry_noob, knowing the correct evaluation can be harder and more useful than knowing the best move.  Saying you're not asking for advice because you only want the evaluation is nonsense.

FunWithChess20

hahaha

Don't tell me the moves,..just tell me what moves I should be looking for.

I want to win on my own.

hahahaha

You = funnyLaughing

GenghisCant
waffllemaster wrote:

You guys do to many tactic puzzles :p  Black looks better to me.

@berry_noob, knowing the correct evaluation can be harder and more useful than knowing the best move.  Saying you're not asking for advice because you only want the evaluation is nonsense.

You're obviously a much higher rated player than me, so I would never dismiss your advice on a whim, however, assuming it is white to move, I see some very clear options for white to take black to 'ouch town' as Daniel Rensch might say. I may be missing something that you see though.

It's difficult to discuss without aiding in this guys attempt at cheating though. Would be interesting to discuss further once his games complete.

Berry_Noob

I'm an irony. Yup!

Oh fine.. I'll finish the game.

My verdict so far is I am more likely to lose, man... Looking at the board, my pieces are opened to a lot of attacks.

Anyway, I went for Rg4. I'll probably post the finished game soon.

shepi13

I agree with waffle master, I like black - he's up a pawn with a more sound position and a better center, while white is just hoping for a desperate attack that seems likely to yield nothing.

shepi13
[COMMENT DELETED]
Berry_Noob
shepi13 wrote:

I agree with waffle master, I like black - he's up a pawn with a more sound position and a better center, while white is just hoping for a desperate attack that seems likely to yield nothing.

I concur. Just going with the flow right now. :(

Sunofthemorninglight

love to have black there!

Berry_Noob

Post updated. Gameplay inserted.

Now guys, feel free to suggest/ comment on anything.

shepi13

Well, g6 seems dumb, why not Rf7.

Sunofthemorninglight

it was probably going that way though (consistent with 9.Ng5 and 13....b6)