Forums

Colle vs. Delvaux 1929

Sort:
pwkip

Hi, i just bought my first chess book (Logical Chess by Irving Chernev), and while I was going trough the moves of the third game in the book, I think I noticed a better move for black to play instead of 15. ... fxe6.

I believe the better move is 15. ... Re8.

I'm a bit sceptical about it though, because this move isn't mentioned in the analysis. It might be a really bad move actually, but I fail to understand why. Hope someone can shed some light on this one.

eddysallin
pwkip wrote:

Hi, i just bought my first chess book (Logical Chess by Irving Chernev), and while I was going trough the moves of the third game in the book, I think I noticed a better move for black to play instead of 15. ... fxe6.

I believe the better move is 15. ... Re8.

if u go re8 after fxe6, then Nxq,rxq,nxn,bxn,Bxhp,  ?

I'm a bit sceptical about it though, because this move isn't mentioned in the analysis. It might be a really bad move actually, but I fail to understand why. Hope someone can shed some light on this one.

AndyClifton

16 Nxd8 wins material

TitanCG

Colle was always crushing people on the light squares. 

DaveKovacsPhil

Probably 15...Nxd4 16.Qxb7 Nxe6 17.Bxh6 Re8 is best for black. She's still down a pawn, but the defense remains intact. As Chernev points out in the book you mention, black's downfall was letting the pawn defense get disrupted. 

JediKnight30

I have a copy of the same book, but mine says 1. D4 d5 2. Nf3 Nf6 3. e3 e6. 4. Bd3 c5. Transposing to the same position 

delhichessvihaanmaurya

SEND PGN IN TEN MINUTES AND I WILL GIVE DIAMOND MEMBERSHIPdiamond

delhichessvihaanmaurya

FAST

tygxc

https://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1242927