Forums

Vicariously-I (2200) vs Vibhav_Jha (1500) Game Analysis

Sort:
Michael-Holm

To recap:

1) Don't start an attack without first building up a strong foundation. You need to get your pieces in the game and get your King safe first. 8. f5 was premature. It also weakened the e5 square. This wasn't really an issue during the game but you should keep in mind that every pawn move creates weaknesses.

2) Don't put your Knights on the side of the board without a good reason. They don't attack as many squares when they are on the edge and they can also be vulnerable.

3) If it looks like your opponent is falling behind in development then you can often give up a pawn in order to gain the initiative. On move 12 you could have played 0-0 instead of Na4. This drops b2 but you would get very active pieces in return. Also my King might have trouble finding safety.

4) If you move too quickly you might miss simple tactics. A little patience can go a long way.

Vibhav_Jha

Thank you for your insights. I can clearly see my mistakes now. I will try to improve on those points. Also my point for putting knight on side of board was to use the b6 square. I guess it wasnt worth much though.

Michael-Holm
Vibhav_Jha wrote:

Thank you for your insights. I can clearly see my mistakes now. I will try to improve on those points. Also my point for putting knight on side of board was to use the b6 square. I guess it wasnt worth much though.

I see. Well I had both my Queen and Rook guarding b6 so if you ever played Nb6 or Bb6 then I could just exchange my Rook for your 2 pieces. That would basically be winning for me.

Vibhav_Jha

Vicariously-I wrote:

Vibhav_Jha wrote:

I see. Well I had both my Queen and Rook guarding b6 so if you ever played Nb6 or Bb6 then I could just exchange my Rook for your 2 pieces. That would basically be winning for me.

Oh . Yeah I see now

DJM473

Another great analysis, thanks again for posting these!

little_guinea_pig

Great game @vibhav! And thank you @Vicariously-I for posting all these threads.

Michael-Holm

@DJM473

@littleLizz

Sure, I'm glad you like them.

Vibhav_Jha

littleLizz wrote:

Great game @vibhav! And thank you @Vicariously-I for posting all these threads.

Thank you!