Forums

clean chessmate (1300/1400 rating)

Sort:
stck

I was quite glad to see how this ended up, though I screwed up a few times...

Charlie91
Nice backrank checkmate!  That's the power of the passed pawn.  Wink
xos
very nice, it looked to have started rough for you but you pulled it out nicely.
sangyk

Good game.

Instead of the black move 18...Qe5, how about Qe6 ?

18... Qe6   19. Rad1  Rxd7  20. Rxd7 Nxd7

Black can get the threatening passed white pawn.

sangyk

Instead of the black move 18...Qe5, how about Qe6 ?

Zen
Very nicely played.
stck
good for me that Black didn't get the pawn :D It does show, however, that one should always check a few moves ahead...
DeadMansChess

I'd like to see more games like this posted.  I can't make heads or tails out of the master games right tnow.  I'm always thinking ...that was a stupid move...  I think I learn more out of games by individuals in the 1200 - 1600 range.

...by the way, how do you post games like the ones above.  Are they pgn or do you need to download some software?

I've got a couple of good patzer games I was a part of.  I'd like to post them to give you guys some laughs!  ...and maybe get some advice.

Zen
DeadMansChess wrote:

...by the way, how do you post games like the ones above.  Are they pgn or do you need to download some software?

I've got a couple of good patzer games I was a part of.  I'd like to post them to give you guys some laughs!  ...and maybe get some advice.

In the box you write your posts in, press the miniature chess board icon and select "Game or sequence of moves". Then you can use a PGN, FEN or manually insert moves.

DeadMansChess
efour wrote: DeadMansChess wrote:

In the box you write your posts in, press the miniature chess board icon and select "Game or sequence of moves". Then you can use a PGN, FEN or manually insert moves.

Thanks Efour!  I'll give it a try.

miyagi
more notations on what your thinking!!
DeadMansChess
efour wrote:
DeadMansChess wrote:

Efour,  I tried using the interface and it came back as improper pgn file.  I used ChessCat and copied the file as pgn and then tried to paste it in the place provided.  I'll try something less here just to see if the interface works at all for me.

Well it's done, but on the preview looks out of place.  I'll submit anyway and see how it looks in real life...

RN9
That was a well played game. You,ve played the Benko opening very strongly.